Extra legroom seats are not offered on codeshare flights marketed by Etihad Airways.
The price of the seat is per person, per flight sector. In the event of aircraft type change, Etihad will exert its reasonable efforts to re-accommodate guests in like seats. In the case where extra legroom seats are not available, Etihad will refund the amount paid per person, per sector which cannot be accommodated.
The extra legroom seats are assigned only upon full payment of the extra legroom seat fees and ticket fare. Payment for the extra legroom seats will not earn any additional Etihad Guest Miles points.
The extra-legroom seats are non-transferrable and non-refundable. We shall refund the payment you made for the extra legroom seat only in the following instances:
- The flight is cancelled by us; or
- If the extra-legroom seat is not available because of aircraft change
Extra Legroom Safety Requirements
To be seated in an exit row seat with extra legroom, guests must:
- Be physically able to reach, locate and operate the emergency exit window or door, and to quickly pass through the exit.
- Be able to understand and acknowledge instructions given by our cabin crew in English about the tasks you will be expected to perform in an emergency evacuation and read the safety card provided by our crew for that purpose.
- Be able and willing to assist the crew and other guests in the evacuation of the aircraft.
- Be able to check outside conditions and respond to cabin crew requests before opening an exit.
- Not have any condition (be it a consequence of age, frailty, injury, physical or psychological disability, mobility, vision or hearing impairment, sickness, injury or anything else) which may prevent you from performing the duties listed above.
- Be aged 18 years or older.
- Not be travelling with children or infants.
- Not be travelling with a care giver, a guide dog or an assistance animal.
- A boarding pass for extra legroom seating will only be issued once our Etihad Guest Service staff confirms all safety criteria is met as described as outlined in our terms and conditions.
- If our Etihad Guest Service staff confirms that the guest does not meet any of the required safety criteria, we may re-assign to you a regular economy seat before or during the journey without refund of the extra-legroom seat reservation fees.
- These important safety requirement means that you will be able to use Web and Kiosk check-in. However, if there are issues onboard the aircraft you are subject to being moved if you do not meet the exit row seating criteria.