Travel policies for young guests
Please ensure your child has all the valid travel documents including passport, visa, health certificate and other necessary documents required by applicable laws for all countries on the entire journey.
Air Passenger Duty (APD) tax for guests 12-15 travelling from the UK
The UK government has abolished the Air Passenger Duty (APD) tax for young guests aged 12 to 15 travelling from the UK in Economy Class on or after 1 March 2016.
If you made a booking on etihad.com and have paid the APD tax, we will refund you as long as you meet the eligibility requirements. We will refund the APD tax to your original form of payment.
- Booking is purchased through etihad.com.
- Guest is between 12-15 years old at the time of travel.
- Flight is departing from a UK airport on or after 1 March 2016.
- Guest is travelling in Economy Class.
Send an email to APDtaxrefund@etihad.ae and include the following details:
- Booking Reference/Ticket number
- Clear passport copy
- For bookings made after 15 June 2016, refund requests must be sent within 7 days of booking your flight.
- For tickets purchased through travel agents and third party websites, please contact them directly for refunds.
Children travelling from/to South Africa
As of 1 June 2015 , the South African Department of Home Affairs requires additional documents for guests below 18 years old, when travelling to and from South Africa. The required documents must be presented upon check-in for each flight.
For further information: