Agreement Between You and Etihad
By accessing and using the Etihad Websites, you agree to accept, without modification, limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions contained herein (the "Agreement"). You represent and warrant you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the Etihad Websites in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
Modification of Terms
Etihad tries to ensure that the information contained in the Etihad Websites is as accurate as possible. However, inaccuracies may arise from time to time. Etihad accepts no responsibility for any errors in the information contained in the Etihad Websites.
The Etihad Websites contain, inter alia, information about the products and services Etihad or a third party is offering. This information and all other material on the Etihad Websites are provided in good faith. By using the Etihad Websites you agree and acknowledge that Etihad may update, change or amend the Terms and Conditions and Customer Care Policy and/or other information provided on the Etihad Websites at any time without advance notice.
Changed terms and conditions will become effective once posted on the Etihad Websites, and will not have any retrospective effect on existing contractual arrangements made through Etihad Websites. You should re-read these terms and conditions every time you visit the Etihad Websites to ensure that you aware of all the relevant terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the Etihad Websites after any change is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
While Etihad uses all reasonable endeavours to make the Etihad Websites and associated services available, Etihad cannot guarantee that they will operate continuously or without interruption.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Etihad makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the Etihad Websites or the contents and, to the fullest extent permissible under the law, disclaims all such representations and warranties.
Your access to and use of software and other materials on, or through, the Etihad Websites is solely at your own risk. Etihad makes no warranty whatsoever about the reliability, stability or virus-free nature of such software.
Subject to applicable law, under no circumstance is Etihad responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings or revenue, or loss or corruption of data or information) which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of or inability to use the Etihad Websites whether based on breach of contract, tort, negligence, product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
This includes any information, products or services obtained through or any contract entered into via the Etihad Websites, but excludes carriage by air performed by Etihad in respect of any ticket obtained using the booking engine provided in the Etihad Websites, which is subject to the conditions of carriage and applicable international conventions.
When using the Etihad Websites you agree:
• to use them solely to determine the availability of products and services offered by Etihad and to assist you to make legitimate reservations or transact business with us. You agree to use the Etihad Websites only for personal, non-commercial use.
• to use the Etihad Websites' services to make only legitimate reservations.
• not to make any false reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand. Etihad may cancel, without notice, all confirmations associated with multiple reservations to one or more destination on or about the same date.
• not to deface, alter or interfere with the front end "look and feel" of the Etihad Websites or the underlying software code.
• not to take any action which will impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Etihad Websites or related infrastructure.
• to all of our terms and conditions of purchase, including, but not limited to, full and timely payment of all amounts due and compliance with all rules concerning availability of fares, products, or services. All fees, assessments, charges, taxes and duties arising out of use of the Etihad Websites are your sole responsibility.
• not to do anything which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on the Etihad Websites, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programmes designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment.
• not to post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libellous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication.
• not to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights of others, including individuals' privacy rights.
• not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the Etihad Websites or any private or member account areas on the Etihad Websites, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person.
• not do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of Etihad nor any of our associated companies or third parties. Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful or which may create any liability on the part of Etihad.
• violate this Agreement or any applicable legislation in any other manner.
If Etihad considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using Etihad Websites, Etihad reserves the right to:
• warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
• delete any material or content which you may have posted without notice to you;
• take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using the Etihad Websites;
• cancel any bookings that you may have with Etihad without reference to you;
• report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities;
• take legal action against you.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content of the Etihad Websites is subject to copyright.
The Etihad Websites are for the your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Etihad Websites.
Etihad, Etihad Holidays, Crystal Cargo and any other product or trade names of Etihad referenced in the Etihad Websites are our trade marks or registered trade marks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
can book for up to 9 guests per booking on the Etihad websites. This would mean that you are able to make reservations
for a group of 9 adults and children (2 - 11 years old). Infant-only bookings
cannot be made online and unaccompanied minor bookings also need to be made via
our Contact Centre.
(under 2 years old) and children (2-11 years old) are
deemed to be so at the time of travel and not at the time of booking. A child
traveling on his or her second birthday is considered a child and not an
infant, and would need to have been ticketed as such.
A child traveling on
his or her 12th birthday is considered an adult and would need to have been
ticketed as such.
You may make bookings up to 5 days before departure.
You may book a flight in the Class of your choice: First, Business or Economy Class. Your booking is subject to the applicable fare
conditions and the availability of seats in that fare group. You need to pay
online with a credit card.
You are only able to make amendments or cancellations on the booking you are
making prior to confirming your reservation online. Any modifications after
this must be made via your local Etihad office or Contact Centre. All reservations, including modifications and cancellations
are subject to the Terms and Conditions, Customer Care Policy, General
Conditions of Carriage and
any applicable fees and charges (including but not limited to fare rules of the
ticket and Guest Service Fee).
Use of Credit card
1. We accept all major credit cards. The credit card must be in the name of one of the passengers travelling and the same card must be carried at the time of travel, together with the form of identity submitted during the booking process, for verification at check-in. Alternatively, if the passenger travelling is not the cardholder, or if for any reason, the credit card used for the booking cannot be produced at check in, Etihad may require that a clear photocopy of both sides of the credit card used for a booking may be presented, duly signed by the cardholder authorising the use of the card for the purchase of the ticket. For security reasons, we request you to strike out the Card Verification Value (CVV) code of the card on the photocopy.
2. We accept credit cards issued in the country of departure and a few other selected countries as specified during the booking process. If you wish to arrange for delivery or collection of a ticket in a country other than your country of departure, you will need to contact one of our local offices to make the booking and arrange payment and ticketing.
3. Your credit card will be debited when you click on the confirm button.
4. If you do not have a credit card, you may choose to pay in cash while visiting one of our offices.
5. The tickets shall be delivered to you depending on your selection of the method of delivery and upon satisfactory proof of payment and identity.
6. Disclaimer: Etihad Airways accepts no liability or responsibility and will not be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, misuse or unauthorized access occurring in connection of with the provision of credit card data. Etihad Airways will not be responsible or liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on the information with regard to credit card usage on this website, even if Etihad Airways has been advised of the possibility of these damages.
7. If the booking travel originates from some specific countries, the credit card used to make payment for this booking will be verified at the time of check-in, failure to which you will not be allowed to fly using this booking.
8. Kindly note that Etihad Airways is based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is possible that your credit card Issuing Bank may levy an additional fee for this transaction, for usage of the card in a foreign country. For further information, kindly contact your respective credit card Issuing Bank.
9. Etihad Airways will charge your credit card in the currency as displayed on the booking confirmation. If you are not using a credit card based in the country of departure of the itinerary, your credit card Issuing Bank may levy a fee for transaction in foreign currency, and may also apply different exchange rate as compared to those given by the currency converter on our site. Kindly contact your credit card Issuing Bank for further information on any fees and the applicable exchange rates.
10. For payments by VISA or MasterCard, depending on your credit card Issuing Bank, you may have to complete an extra level of security check through the “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard Secure” page. A pop-up window will appear after you confirm the purchase of your itinerary, containing your bank’s logo, in which you must provide your ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘MasterCard Secure’ password. This is not the PIN used for ATM/ Cash Machine transactions. If you are requested to enter this password, and if you have not registered for this authentication service, kindly contact your bank to register. If you are requested to enter this password and you choose to continue without entering it, or enter incorrect password, your booking may not be successfully completed. For further information, kindly contact your credit card Issuing Bank.
11. If your credit card is issued in India, we accept International Credit Cards.
12. Etihad reserves the right to refuse carriage in case of non-compliance with these credit card rules.
We will make every effort to maintain confidentiality when securing an online payment. This covers the security of your credit card details and other personal information. All of your personal information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet.
Conditions of Carriage
The carriage of passengers and their baggage by air will be subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the carrier concerned. With respect to our flights, please read our General Conditions of Carriage.
Read our Conditions of Carriage for tickets purchased in Germany.
The carriage of passengers and their baggage may also be subject to the applicable Warsaw Convention 1929 or the Montreal Convention 1999, and other applicable legislation which may limit or stipulate the carrier's liability in certain circumstances.
You may require a visa for travel to some destinations to and via which you are required to travel due to the booking you have made through the Etihad Websites. It is your responsibility to obtain such visas required for travel. You must also have valid passport for the duration of the travel and the expiry date of your passport must be acceptable to all the countries you enter. More information on the passport and visa requirements is available at the embassy of the country or countries you will be travelling to, and at the closest Etihad office.
The fares quoted may not include the individual charges such as departure taxes, passenger service charges, airport taxes, imposed by airport or aeronautical authorities of the countries you are visiting. You will be required to pay them directly to the charging authorities.
You are also advised to check with your doctor whether you are required to undergo immunisation prior to entry or stopover in the countries to and through which you will be travelling. Some countries require that you have adequate travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ascertain these requirements and to fulfil such requirements.
As a condition of use of the Etihad Websites, you agree to indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Etihad Websites, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Links to Third-Parties' Websites
The Etihad Websites may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Etihad does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us. You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Etihad Websites, or if you have any complaints about any of the services provided by Etihad please contact us.
Choice of law and jurisdiction
Your use of the Etihad Websites and the Etihad terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Etihad reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please click here to email us your queries.
Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
Applicable at airports within the United States of America
Etihad Airways is committed to being the best airline in the world. On rare occasions an Etihad Airways flight may experience delay whilst on the ground at an airport within the United States of America. During this time, our goal is to ensure that any flight disruption is kept to a minimum, and that our guests’ journey with Etihad continues to be an inspired experience.
Etihad’s contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays describes what Etihad will implement during an extended delay in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation (DoT) regulations. This plan is available on our US website, which can be accessed via www.etihad.com.
What is a lengthy tarmac delay?
Any four-hour or longer delay that occurs while an Etihad aircraft is on-ground at a US airport during:
- taxi out – from the time the aircraft pushes away from the gate until it is in the air;
- taxi in – from the time the aircraft lands until it is parked at a gate; or
- diversions – unscheduled stops at a US airport due to weather events, medical emergencies or other causes.
Etihad’s tarmac delay policy
The Etihad Airways Network Operations Centre (NOC) employees, third-party ground handling agent employees, Etihad airport operation teams, flight crews, air traffic control coordinators and airport operator employees will work together to:
1. Provide adequate food and water no later than two hours after the aircraft leaves the gate (in the case of a departure) or touches down (in the case of an arrival) if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, unless the pilot-in-command determines that safety or security considerations preclude such service.
2. Assure that upon departure from or arrival at a U.S. airport the aircraft shall not remain on the tarmac for more than four hours before allowing passengers to deplane. The flight crew and air traffic control will coordinate any exceptions to this legal requirement. Exceptions may be made if:
a. the pilot in command determines there is a safety or security risk to deplaning guests, such as a weather event or
an air traffic control directive; or
b. Air Traffic Control advises that returning to a gate or allowing guests to deplane at an area other than a gate
would significantly disrupt airport operations.
In either of these scenarios, Etihad Airways will continue to assess conditions in an effort to maintain compliance with our customer service plan and DoT regulations.
3. Proactively manage the pushback of an aircraft to prevent delays lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
4. Proactively manage taxi-in delays to prevent delays lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
5. Proactively manage diversions to prevent delays from lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
6. Provide or arrange lavatory facilities as well as adequate medical attention, if needed, while an aircraft remains on the tarmac.
7. Provide information to guests regarding the status of the delay every 30 minutes, including reasons for the delay if they are known, via Etihad’s airport operation teams and flight crews.
8. Provide information every 30 minutes to guests onboard an aircraft that they may disembark if they wish to, but only when this is actually possible, and safe to do so, via Etihad’s airport operation teams and flight crews.
Etihad Airways has sufficient resources to implement this plan.
Etihad Airways has coordinated this plan with the airport authorities, the US Customs & Border Protection, the US Transportation Security Administration at both Chicago O’Hare terminal 5 and John F. Kennedy International Airport terminal 4, and at those airports nominated as alternate airports within the USA.
Customer Service Plan
At Etihad Airways we continuously strive to be the best airline in the world. Our number one priority is your safety. Another priority is to provide our guests with an unforgettable experience.
Our Guest Services Commitment
Offering our Lowest fares online
• We will quote you the lowest available fare on our US website, which can be accessed via www.etihad.com
Notification of delays, cancellations and diversions
• For the latest information regarding an Etihad flight, visit the Flight Status section on our US website available via www.etihad.com and key in your flight number for arrival or departure information, or both.
• Guests who have provided a telephone contact number in their reservation may receive a telephone call from the Etihad Airways Guest Contact Centre in the event of a cancellation, major schedule change or other service interruption.
• If you are at an airport in the US, an Etihad airport team member or one of the third-party ground handling agent employees will be available to assist you and answer questions. They will also keep you regularly informed during a delay on the ground at the terminal.
• In the event of a lengthy tarmac delay onboard an Etihad aircraft, our flight crews will keep you informed of the latest information available on the flight’s status.
• In the event of a diversion, our flight crew will keep you informed as to the new destination and reason for the diversion, and provide updates every 30 minutes with the most current available information about the status of the flight.
• For friends and family, Etihad Airways makes flight status information available on its US website, which can be accessed via www.etihad.com, and/or by calling Etihad Airways +1 888 8ETIHAD ( that’s +1 888 8384423).
• We will update flight status information on our website via our telephone reservation system and at a U.S. boarding gates within 30 minutes of learning of a delay, cancellation or diversion.
On-Time Baggage Delivery
• We will strive to deliver your baggage in a timely manner following the flight’s arrival.
• If your baggage does not arrive with you, please see an Etihad Airways representative in the baggage area and file a baggage report. We will make every reasonable effort to reunite you with your baggage within 24 hours of filing the baggage report.
• Once your report is made in the World Tracer baggage tracing system, you will be able to click here and view the status of your bag online by entering your name and report reference number.
• In the event your bag does not arrive at its intended destination the day of your flight our local baggage services company Swissport will endeavor to contact you on a daily basis with an update on efforts to locate your bag.
• In the event you are not in your home country and the total number of your pieces of checked baggage have not arrived on the flight with you, Etihad Airways can provide a stipend equal to the following amounts:
- USD 80.00 per day for First Class Guests
- USD 60.00 per day for Business Class Guests
- USD 40.00 per day for Economy Class Guests
(Note - these amounts are per day for a maximum of three days. The initial amount can be paid when the report is
made and the remaining one or two amounts payable can be paid when the bag arrives and is delivered or via other
mutually agreed options if applicable)
• In the unlikely event your bag is not located and returned to you within five days the claim file will be transferred to Etihad Airways headquarters and will be managed by a representative from our baggage claims department. You may contact the baggage claims department at:
Baggage Claims Department
+971 (02) 5112499
+971 2 5112813 or 511 2829
• Guests unable to contact our claims department via any of the above means should contact the nearest Etihad office for assistance.
• We recommend you clearly label your baggage, inside and out, with your name, flight details and contact information.
Guests with disabilities or special needs
Etihad Airways is committed to providing our guests with exceptional service, delivered with warmth and respect.
We operate a modern fleet of aircraft equipped with accessible lavatories and moveable armrests in a number of seats, and every Etihad Airways aircraft has an onboard wheelchair to assist guests with reduced mobility during a flight.
We will disclose all guidelines and procedures for guests with reduced mobility and special needs on our US website available via www.etihad.com, or via the Etihad Airways Contact Centre telephone number +1 888 8ETIHAD
(that’s +1 888 8384423) and at our airport offices.
During on-aircraft tarmac delays, our flight crews will make every effort to accommodate the particular requirements of guests with disabilities or special needs.
Our team members are trained to comply with the Air Carrier Access Act (14 CFR Part 382) and we shall make available a trained complaint resolution official at all times, either in person or via the telephone.
Meeting your essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays
Etihad Airways will make every reasonable effort to avoid extended on-aircraft tarmac delays, and in the event a delay occurs, we will make every reasonable effort to provide food and water and use of the lavatories and access to medical assistance during the delay.
Handling oversold flights at US airports
Etihad Airways is committed to handling all guests with fairness and consistency.
Guests must complete their check-in transaction a minimum 60 minutes prior to scheduled time of departure and be at the boarding gate ready for boarding a minimum 45 minutes prior to scheduled time of departure. No compensation shall be payable to a guest who does not comply with the Etihad Airways reservation and check-in requirements or who cannot be accepted for transportation under the terms and conditions detailed in the Conditions of Carriage.
On every occasion when a flight is in high demand and an overbooking situation occurs, Etihad Airways shall solicit guests to voluntarily give up their confirmed seat.
For each guest who elects to volunteer their seat the airport team shall make alternative arrangements on a case-by-case basis. These arrangements may include, but are not limited to, rebooking onto another Etihad Airways flight or another airline’s flight to the same final destination, and providing hotel accommodations, meals, ground transport and travel credits or other rewards.
If an insufficient number of volunteers exist, and it becomes necessary for Etihad Airways to deny a guest boarding, the last guest(s) to present for check-in shall be denied boarding. There are exceptions to this general operating practice of selecting the last guest(s) to present at check-in. These include, but are not limited to, special category passengers, i.e. unaccompanied minors. This situation will be managed by the Etihad airport team member on duty at the check-in area or departure gate as applicable.
If you are denied boarding Etihad Airways shall make available to you from the ticket counter or boarding gate a copy of a notice providing a written explanation of denied boarding compensation.
The following amounts shall be paid as denied boarding compensation to a guest, based on the arrival time of alternate transportation to the final destination or first stopover point when compared with the original scheduled arrival time.
0 min to 60 min arrival delay
60 min (1hr) to 240 min (4hrs) arrival delay
200% of one-way airfare
But no more than USD 650.00
Over 240 min (4hrs) arrival delay
400% of one way airfare
But no more than USD 1300.00
In addition to these amounts Etihad Airways shall make arrangements for you to travel to your final ticketed destination in full compliance with 14 CFR Part 250.
Disclosure of cancellation policies, Etihad Guest program rules & aircraft configuration
Upon request, this information is available to our guests via the Etihad Airways Contact Centre by calling +1 888 8ETIHAD that’s +1 888 8384423.
Aircraft configuration information can be found on our US website available via www.etihad.com using the ‘The Etihad Experience’ and then ‘Our fleet’ function.
Etihad Airways is proud to codeshare with American Airlines on a number of routes to, from and within the United States. When you are travelling on a flight marketed by Etihad Airways but operated by American Airlines, it will be the operating airline (American Airlines) tarmac delay contingency plan that applies during a delay event.
• Etihad Airways website - Terms and Conditions
• General Conditions of Carriage
• Etihad Guest Loyalty programme terms and conditions
We will notify you in a timely manner of changes in your travel itineraries
Response to complaints
We will acknowledge in writing receipt of each complaint regarding our scheduled service to the complainant within 30 days of receiving it and shall send a substantive written response to each complainant within 60 days of receiving the complaint.
Our Guest Affairs Team
You are welcome to contact Etihad Airways Guest Affairs at:
+971 2 511 0000 (during Abu Dhabi office hours 8am-4pm Sun to Thur)
Attn. Manager Guest Affairs
PO Box 35566, Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Services provided resulting from flight cancellations, delays and misconnections
If you miss your connection due to reasons within our control, i.e. aircraft servicing, Etihad Airways will, in accordance with our terms and conditions, seek to provide you with an alternative flight reservation with a confirmed seat on Etihad or another airline to your originally ticketed final destination or first stopover. Where airline schedules necessitate, we shall also provide hotel accommodation, meals/refreshments, and ground transportation to/from the airport and hotel.
Where ticket refunds are due, we will provide prompt refunds, as required by 14 CFR 374.3 and 12 CFR part 226 for credit card purchases, and within 20 days after receiving a complete refund request for cash and check purchases, including refunding fees charged to a passenger for optional services that the passenger was unable to use due to an oversale situation or flight cancellation.