Guests travelling with children (over 6 months and up to 36 months) may use certain approved car-type seats in conjunction with an aircraft seat provided that the appropriate child fare has been purchased. The child must be secured in the seat and accompanied by a responsible adult in an adjacent seat for take-off and landing.The seat must meet the following standards:
• Forward facing or rear facing type with the proper harness that can be strapped to a seat by the use of a lap belt only.
• Rearward facing seats are restricted to infants from 0 – 6 months weighing less than 10 kg and allowed in First or Business Class only, they are not in allowed in Economy class due to seat pitch limitation (hampering the seat recline of seat in front).
• Must be in good condition and show no signs of damage.
• The car seat harness must have a single release type and must secure the infants lap, torso and crotch.
The following lists the car-type seats and child restraint devices acceptable onboard as per the UAE - General Civil Aviation Authority:1. Australian Car Seat regulations
2. USA Standards FMVSS213
3. Canadian Standard CMVSS 213
4. European Standards ECE-44
5. German Standards (TÜV Doc.TÜV/958-01/2001)
6. CARES – Harness Type Child Restraint System
Guests wishing to use any of the above CRD shall be responsible to complete the appropriate installation as per the manufacturer’s instructions and restrictions (occupant weight, height, age, seat direction, etc) displayed on the label attached to the CRD.