The medical certificate required for women
traveling during pregnancy must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Signed by the guest’s medical doctor or attending midwife.
• Written on a clinic/hospital letterhead
and/or stamped by the medical doctor or attending midwife.
• Issued within 7days from the date of travel.
• State if the pregnancy is single or
• State the number of weeks of pregnancy
and/or the Expected Date of Delivery (EDD).
• State that the guest is fit to fly.
• Be easily understood and
written in English or Arabic, other languages are acceptable, but must be
verified by Etihad Airways check-in staff.
• From the beginning of the 33rd week of pregnancy
onwards, guests expecting multiple children will not be accepted for travel on
an Etihad Airways flight.
• We recommend guests avoid air travel up to 7
days after delivery.