Agreement Between You and Etihad
By accessing and using the Etihad Websites, you agree to accept, without modification, limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions contained herein (the "Agreement"). You represent and warrant you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the Etihad Websites in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
Modification of Terms
Etihad tries to ensure that the information contained in the Etihad Websites is as accurate as possible. However, inaccuracies may arise from time to time. Etihad accepts no responsibility for any errors in the information contained in the Etihad Websites.
The Etihad Websites contain, inter alia, information about the products and services Etihad or a third party is offering. This information and all other material on the Etihad Websites are provided in good faith. By using the Etihad Websites you agree and acknowledge that Etihad may update, change or amend the Terms and Conditions and Customer Care Policy and/or other information provided on the Etihad Websites at any time without advance notice.
Changed terms and conditions will become effective once posted on the Etihad Websites, and will not have any retrospective effect on existing contractual arrangements made through Etihad Websites. You should re-read these terms and conditions every time you visit the Etihad Websites to ensure that you aware of all the relevant terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the Etihad Websites after any change is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
While Etihad uses all reasonable endeavours to make the Etihad Websites and associated services available, Etihad cannot guarantee that they will operate continuously or without interruption.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Etihad makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the Etihad Websites or the contents and, to the fullest extent permissible under the law, disclaims all such representations and warranties.
Your access to and use of software and other materials on, or through, the Etihad Websites is solely at your own risk. Etihad makes no warranty whatsoever about the reliability, stability or virus-free nature of such software.
Subject to applicable law, under no circumstance is Etihad responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings or revenue, or loss or corruption of data or information) which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of or inability to use the Etihad Websites whether based on breach of contract, tort, negligence, product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
This includes any information, products or services obtained through or any contract entered into via the Etihad Websites, but excludes carriage by air performed by Etihad in respect of any ticket obtained using the booking engine provided in the Etihad Websites, which is subject to the conditions of carriage and applicable international conventions.
When using the Etihad Websites you agree:
• to use them solely to determine the availability of products and services offered by Etihad and to assist you to make legitimate reservations or transact business with us. You agree to use the Etihad Websites only for personal, non-commercial use.
• to use the Etihad Websites' services to make only legitimate reservations.
• not to make any false reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand. Etihad may cancel, without notice, all confirmations associated with multiple reservations to one or more destination on or about the same date.
• not to deface, alter or interfere with the front end "look and feel" of the Etihad Websites or the underlying software code.
• not to take any action which will impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Etihad Websites or related infrastructure.
• to all of our terms and conditions of purchase, including, but not limited to, full and timely payment of all amounts due and compliance with all rules concerning availability of fares, products, or services. All fees, assessments, charges, taxes and duties arising out of use of the Etihad Websites are your sole responsibility.
• not to do anything which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on the Etihad Websites, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programmes designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment.
• not to post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libellous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication.
• not to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights of others, including individuals' privacy rights.
• not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the Etihad Websites or any private or member account areas on the Etihad Websites, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person.
• not do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of Etihad nor any of our associated companies or third parties. Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful or which may create any liability on the part of Etihad.
• violate this Agreement or any applicable legislation in any other manner.
If Etihad considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using Etihad Websites, Etihad reserves the right to:
• warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
• delete any material or content which you may have posted without notice to you;
• take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using the Etihad Websites;
• cancel any bookings that you may have with Etihad without reference to you;
• report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities;
• take legal action against you.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content of the Etihad Websites is subject to copyright.
The Etihad Websites are for the your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Etihad Websites.
Etihad, Etihad Holidays, Crystal Cargo and any other product or trade names of Etihad referenced in the Etihad Websites are our trade marks or registered trade marks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
can book for up to 9 guests per booking on the Etihad websites. This would mean that you are able to make reservations
for a group of 9 adults and children (2 - 11 years old). Infant-only bookings
cannot be made online and unaccompanied minor bookings also need to be made via
our Contact Centre.
(under 2 years old) and children (2-11 years old) are
deemed to be so at the time of travel and not at the time of booking. A child
traveling on his or her second birthday is considered a child and not an
infant, and would need to have been ticketed as such.
A child traveling on
his or her 12th birthday is considered an adult and would need to have been
ticketed as such.
You may make bookings up to 5 days before departure.
You may book a flight in the Class of your choice: First, Business or Economy Class. Your booking is subject to the applicable fare
conditions and the availability of seats in that fare group. You need to pay
online with a credit card.
You are only able to make amendments or cancellations on the booking you are
making prior to confirming your reservation online. Any modifications after
this must be made via your local Etihad office or Contact Centre. All reservations, including modifications and cancellations
are subject to the Terms and Conditions, Customer Care Policy, General
Conditions of Carriage and
any applicable fees and charges (including but not limited to fare rules of the
ticket and Guest Service Fee).
Please note that our prices are
automatically displayed based on the origin you are flying from. Your payment
provider may apply different exchange rates to the fare displayed on the
booking page. Therefore, there may be additional charges incurred, which Etihad
Airways are not liable for.
Use of Credit card
1. We accept all major credit cards. The credit card must be in the name of one of the passengers travelling and the same card must be carried at the time of travel, together with the form of identity submitted during the booking process, for verification at check-in. Alternatively, if the passenger travelling is not the cardholder, or if for any reason, the credit card used for the booking cannot be produced at check in, Etihad may require that a clear photocopy of both sides of the credit card used for a booking may be presented, duly signed by the cardholder authorising the use of the card for the purchase of the ticket. For security reasons, we request you to strike out the Card Verification Value (CVV) code of the card on the photocopy.
2. We accept credit cards issued in the country of departure and a few other selected countries as specified during the booking process. If you wish to arrange for delivery or collection of a ticket in a country other than your country of departure, you will need to contact one of our local offices to make the booking and arrange payment and ticketing.
3. Your credit card will be debited when you click on the confirm button.
4. If you do not have a credit card, you may choose to pay in cash while visiting one of our offices.
5. The tickets shall be delivered to you depending on your selection of the method of delivery and upon satisfactory proof of payment and identity.
6. Disclaimer: Etihad Airways accepts no liability or responsibility and will not be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, misuse or unauthorized access occurring in connection of with the provision of credit card data. Etihad Airways will not be responsible or liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on the information with regard to credit card usage on this website, even if Etihad Airways has been advised of the possibility of these damages.
7. If the booking travel originates from some specific countries, the credit card used to make payment for this booking will be verified at the time of check-in, failure to which you will not be allowed to fly using this booking.
8. Kindly note that Etihad Airways is based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is possible that your credit card Issuing Bank may levy an additional fee for this transaction, for usage of the card in a foreign country. For further information, kindly contact your respective credit card Issuing Bank.
9. Etihad Airways will charge your credit card in the currency as displayed on the booking confirmation. If you are not using a credit card based in the country of departure of the itinerary, your credit card Issuing Bank may levy a fee for transaction in foreign currency, and may also apply different exchange rate as compared to those given by the currency converter on our site. Kindly contact your credit card Issuing Bank for further information on any fees and the applicable exchange rates.
10. For payments by VISA or MasterCard, depending on your credit card Issuing Bank, you may have to complete an extra level of security check through the “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard Secure” page. A pop-up window will appear after you confirm the purchase of your itinerary, containing your bank’s logo, in which you must provide your ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘MasterCard Secure’ password. This is not the PIN used for ATM/ Cash Machine transactions. If you are requested to enter this password, and if you have not registered for this authentication service, kindly contact your bank to register. If you are requested to enter this password and you choose to continue without entering it, or enter incorrect password, your booking may not be successfully completed. For further information, kindly contact your credit card Issuing Bank.
11. If your credit card is issued in India, we accept International Credit Cards.
12. Etihad reserves the right to refuse carriage in case of non-compliance with these credit card rules.
We will make every effort to maintain confidentiality when securing an online payment. This covers the security of your credit card details and other personal information. All of your personal information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet.
Conditions of Carriage
The carriage of passengers and their baggage by air will be subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the carrier concerned. With respect to our flights, please read our General Conditions of Carriage.
Read our Conditions of Carriage for tickets purchased in Germany and Canada.
The carriage of passengers and their baggage may also be subject to the applicable Warsaw Convention 1929 or the Montreal Convention 1999, and other applicable legislation which may limit or stipulate the carrier's liability in certain circumstances.
You may require a visa for travel to some destinations to and via which you are required to travel due to the booking you have made through the Etihad Websites. It is your responsibility to obtain such visas required for travel. You must also have valid passport for the duration of the travel and the expiry date of your passport must be acceptable to all the countries you enter. More information on the passport and visa requirements is available at the embassy of the country or countries you will be travelling to, and at the closest Etihad office.
The fares quoted may not include the individual charges such as departure taxes, passenger service charges, airport taxes, imposed by airport or aeronautical authorities of the countries you are visiting. You will be required to pay them directly to the charging authorities.
You are also advised to check with your doctor whether you are required to undergo immunisation prior to entry or stopover in the countries to and through which you will be travelling. Some countries require that you have adequate travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ascertain these requirements and to fulfil such requirements.
As a condition of use of the Etihad Websites, you agree to indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Etihad Websites, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Links to Third-Parties' Websites
The Etihad Websites may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Etihad does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us. You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Etihad Websites, or if you have any complaints about any of the services provided by Etihad please contact us.
Choice of law and jurisdiction
Your use of the Etihad Websites and the Etihad terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Etihad reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please click here to email us your queries.
Information on passenger rights in case of flight disruptions at airports within the EU
Information to passengers departing from an airport in the
European Union regarding our policies and their rights in the event of denied
boarding, flight delay or flight cancellation
This notice contains important
information about your rights established by European Regulation (EC) No.
261/2004 (‘the Regulation’) and applies to you if:
- You have a confirmed reservation on a flight departing
from an airport in the European Union which is operated by Etihad Airways,
purchased at a fare available directly or indirectly to the general public;
- (except in the case where your flight has been
cancelled) you have presented yourself for check-in before the Check-In
Deadline as specified by us in our General Conditions of Carriage or related regulations; and
- you have been denied boarding involuntarily and
the reason for such denial has not been a matter set out in our General
Conditions of Carriage or related regulations; and
- or your flight is delayed by more than four
hours beyond its scheduled departure time (for flights departing from Larnaca
or Athens, this qualifying delay needs to be more than three hours beyond its
scheduled departure time); or
- the flight is cancelled by Etihad Airways.
In the event that a seat is not
available for a passenger with a confirmed reservation, we will seek volunteers
to surrender their seats in exchange for benefits that we and the volunteer may
agree upon before involuntarily denying boarding to other passengers. If there
are insufficient volunteers and we deny you boarding involuntarily, you are
entitled to the rights set out below.
If we reasonably expect your
flight to be delayed for four hours or more beyond its scheduled time of
departure (but three hours in the case of flights departing from Larnaca or
Athens), you are entitled to the rights set out below.
If your flight is cancelled, you
are entitled to the rights set out below except when:
- you are informed of the cancellation at least
two weeks before the scheduled time of departure; or
- you are informed of the cancellation between two
weeks and seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered
re-routing, allowing you to depart no more than two hours before the scheduled
time of departure and reach your final
destination less than four hours after the scheduled time of arrival; or
- you are informed of the cancellation less than
seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing,
allowing you to depart no more than one hour before the scheduled time of
departure and to reach your final destination less than two hours after the scheduled
time of arrival; or
- (in respect of any ‘Right to Compensation’) we
can prove that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances which
could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken by Etihad
Airways, including but not limited to political instability, safety and
security reasons, weather disruption, labour disputes or failure or delay of
air traffic control facilities.
If you are involuntarily denied
boarding or your flight is cancelled (provided an exception as specified above
does not apply), you are entitled to receive the following amount from us:
- €uro 400 in respect of all flights of 3,500km or
- €uro 600 in respect of all flights of more than
The compensation set out above
will be reduced by 50% if we are able to offer you re-routing on an alternative
flight(s) and the arrival time of such re-routed flight(s) does not exceed the
scheduled arrival time of the flight booked:
three hours, in respect of all flights of 3,500km or less; or
four hours, in respect of all flights of more than 3,500km.
The distances are measured by the
great circle route method.
TO REIMBURSEMENT OR RE-ROUTING
If you are denied boarding
(whether voluntarily or involuntarily) or your flight is cancelled, you are
additionally entitled to choose between:
(a) reimbursement of the cost of
the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the
journey not made; or
(b) re-routing, under comparable
transport conditions, to your final destination at the earliest opportunity; or
(c) re-routing, under comparable
transport conditions, to your final destination at a later date at your
convenience, subject to availability of seats.
If your flight is delayed by at
least five hours and you elect not to travel, you are entitled to receive
reimbursement as set out in point (a) above.
If you are involuntarily denied
boarding or if your flight is cancelled or delayed by more than 4 hours, (in
the case of flights departing from Larnaca or Athens, the qualifying delay is 3
hours or more) we will offer you, free of charge:
- meals and refreshment vouchers in reasonable
relation to the waiting time, as long as it will not further delay the
departure of the aircraft;
- two telephone calls, telex or fax messages or
- hotel accommodation in cases where a stay of one
or more nights becomes necessary, or where a stay additional to that intended
by you becomes necessary;
- transport between the airport and place of
accommodation (hotel or other).
If your flight is delayed as
specified under ‘Flight Delays’ above or cancelled without notice being given
to you prior to your arrival at the airport of departure Etihad Airways will
offer you items (a) and (b) above.
If, as a result of the delay or
your being re-routed following a cancellation, your new time of departure is
reasonably expected to be at least the
day after the original day of departure, we will also offer you items (c) and
Where it is not feasible for Etihad
Airways to arrange the care set out above, we will reimburse you for your
reasonable receipted expenses upon application to: Feedback@etihad.ae Guest Relations
Department, Etihad Airways, P.O Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Click here for contact details of
the various National Enforcement Bodies established by each Member State of the
Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
Applicable at airports within the United States of America.
Etihad Airways is committed to being the best airline in the world. On rare occasions an Etihad Airways flight may experience delay whilst on the ground at an airport within the United States of America. During this time, our goal is to ensure that any flight disruption is kept to a minimum, and that our guests’ journey with Etihad continues to be an inspired experience.
Etihad’s contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays describes what Etihad will implement during an extended delay in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation (DoT) regulations. This plan is available on our US website, which can be accessed via www.etihad.com.
What is a lengthy tarmac delay?
Any four-hour or longer delay that occurs while an Etihad aircraft is on-ground at a US airport during:
- taxi out – from the time the aircraft pushes away from the gate until it is in the air;
- taxi in – from the time the aircraft lands until it is parked at a gate; or
- diversions – unscheduled stops at a US airport due to weather events, medical emergencies or other causes.
Etihad’s tarmac delay policy
The Etihad Airways Network Operations Centre (NOC) employees, third-party ground handling agent employees, Etihad airport operation teams, flight crews, air traffic control coordinators and airport operator employees will work together to:
1. Provide adequate food and water no later than two hours after the aircraft leaves the gate (in the case of a departure) or touches down (in the case of an arrival) if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, unless the pilot-in-command determines that safety or security considerations preclude such service.
2. Assure that upon departure from or arrival at a U.S. airport the aircraft shall not remain on the tarmac for more than four hours before allowing passengers to deplane. The flight crew and air traffic control will coordinate any exceptions to this legal requirement. Exceptions may be made if:
a. the pilot in command determines there is a safety or security risk to deplaning guests, such as a weather event or
an air traffic control directive; or
b. Air Traffic Control advises that returning to a gate or allowing guests to deplane at an area other than a gate
would significantly disrupt airport operations.
In either of these scenarios, Etihad Airways will continue to assess conditions in an effort to maintain compliance with our customer service plan and DoT regulations.
3. Proactively manage the pushback of an aircraft to prevent delays lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
4. Proactively manage taxi-in delays to prevent delays lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
5. Proactively manage diversions to prevent delays from lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
6. Provide or arrange lavatory facilities as well as adequate medical attention, if needed, while an aircraft remains on the tarmac.
7. Provide information to guests regarding the status of the delay every 30 minutes, including reasons for the delay if they are known, via Etihad’s airport operation teams and flight crews.
8. Provide information every 30 minutes to guests onboard an aircraft that they may disembark if they wish to, but only when this is actually possible, and safe to do so, via Etihad’s airport operation teams and flight crews.
Etihad Airways has sufficient resources to implement this plan.
Etihad Airways has coordinated this Tarmac Contingency Plan with the airport authorities, US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) and the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at each US airport to which Etihad Airways operate scheduled air services in the United States of America as well as those airports designated as our alternate airports within the USA.
Extra legroom seats
Extra legroom seats are not offered on codeshare flights
marketed by Etihad Airways.
The price of the seat is per person, per flight sector.
In the event of aircraft type change, Etihad will exert its reasonable efforts
to re-accommodate guests in like seats. In the case where extra legroom seats
are not available, Etihad will refund the amount paid per person, per sector
which cannot be accommodated.
The extra legroom seats are assigned only upon full
payment of the extra legroom seat fees and ticket fare. Payment for the extra
legroom seats will not earn any additional Etihad Guest Miles points.
The extra-legroom seats are non-transferrable and
non-refundable. We shall refund the payment you made for the extra legroom seat
only in the following instances:
The flight is cancelled by us; or
If the extra-legroom seat is not available because of
aircraft change Extra Legroom Safety Requirements To be seated in an exit row
seat with extra legroom, guests must:
Purchase the extra legroom seat up to 24 hours prior to
departure Be physically able to reach, locate and operate the emergency exit window
or door, and to quickly pass through the exit Be able to understand and
acknowledge instructions given by our cabin crew in English about the tasks you
will be expected to perform in an emergency evacuation and read the safety card
provided by our crew for that purpose Be able and willing to assist the crew
and other guests in the evacuation of the aircraft Be able to check outside
conditions and respond to cabin crew requests before opening an exit Not have
any condition (be it a consequence of age, frailty, injury, physical or
psychological disability, mobility, vision or hearing impairment, sickness,
injury or anything else) which may prevent you from performing the duties
listed above Be aged 18 years or older Not be travelling with children or infants
Not be travelling with a care giver, a guide dog or an assistance animal A
boarding pass for extra legroom seating will only be issued once our Etihad
Guest Service staff confirms all safety criteria is met as described as
outlined in our terms and conditions.
If our Etihad Guest Service staff confirms that the guest
does not meet any of the required safety criteria, we may re-assign to you a
regular economy seat before or during the journey without refund of the
extra-legroom seat reservation fees.
These important safety requirement means that you will be
able to use Web and Kiosk check-in. However, if there are issues onboard the
aircraft you are subject to being moved if you do not meet the exit row seating