1. Why should I use the online application system?
It is easy and convenient to apply for your visa online. Simply
provide the required information, documents and pay the visa fee online without
having to send documents by email or visiting the office in person. Once your
visa application is approved, you will receive an approved e-Visa copy via
2. How many days before my intended visit to Abu Dhabi should I
apply for a visa?
It usually takes 24 hours to process your visa
application subject to immigration approval. In the UAE, our working
days are Sunday - Thursday inclusive. Fridays, Saturdays and public holidays
are not included, so please be aware that your visa application will take
longer if you apply on one of these days. It is advisable to apply for your
visa in advance.
3. Can I apply for a Single or a Multiple Entry Visa?
You can apply for both Single and Multiple Entry Visas.
4. Do the visa fees include all charges or are there any
There may be
additional credit and debit card fees for online applications.
5. Is it mandatory to travel
with Etihad Airways or can I travel with any airline?
No. You do
not have to travel with Etihad Airways to apply for one of these visas. They
apply to all airlines and all airports in the UAE.
6. Is it
mandatory to travel through Abu Dhabi Airport on a Transit Visa?
Yes. You can apply for a
Transit Visa ONLY if you are travelling into Abu Dhabi Airport and onwards from Abu
Dhabi Airport. However, your ticket does not have to be issued by Etihad
7. Can I extend a Tourist Visa?
Yes. All types of Tourist Visas can be extended twice for 30 days each time, after you have entered the UAE. The cost of extension is AED 960 and you can complete your request online.
8. When will my visa be valid for entry?
Your visa is valid for entry from the issue date.
9. Can I exit Abu Dhabi Airport for sightseeing if my transit time
is 6 hours? What are the criteria to apply for a Transit Visa?
Transit Visas can be arranged if your transit time between your
original and connecting flight is between 8 hours and 4 calendar days. If your
transit time is greater than 24 hours, then you must either arrange a confirmed
hotel reservation or provide the Emirates ID card and UAE Residence visa copy
of the person you will be staying with in the UAE.
10. Why has my visa application been rejected?
Unfortunately, the UAE immigration authorities do not reveal their
reasons for the refusal of a visa.
11. What are the consequences if I extend my stay in the UAE without extending my visa?
Unfortunately, you may face legal action and be required to pay a
fine. Also, it may not be possible to
apply for a UAE visa in the future.
12. I am holding a Diplomatic / Service / Emergency passport; can
I apply for a visa through your website?
No. We can apply for visas for you if you have an ordinary, valid
passport, issued by your respective country. Holders of other passports may not
apply for visas through our website.
1. Holders of Diplomatic passports must apply through the
2. Holders of Service and Emergency Travel documents should
approach the UAE Embassy in their country of residence to apply for a UAE visa,
13. Am I guaranteed entry to the UAE if I successfully obtain a
This depends on the decision of the Immigration authorities, based
on the verification of your documents at the point of entry.
14. My passport is expiring soon – can I still get a visa?
The UAE Immigration department requires all visitors to have a
passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival. If
your passport is valid for less than six months, you will need to renew it
before you can apply for a visa and travel to the UAE.
15. Who sponsors my visa when I apply through the Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways sponsors your visa if you apply for one of the
specified types, through our website.
have a few questions about my visa, who can I talk to?
For any queries regarding visas, please call +971 (0) 56 677 0326 (from 08.00 to 17.30 UAE time every day) or email firstname.lastname@example.org