Fly with Etihad Airways and you’ll always find the perfect spot on board. Choose your Economy seat in our Forward, Middle, or Rear zones. If you’d prefer some extra space to stretch out, book an Extra legroom seat, and we’ll even plant a mangrove in the Etihad Forest to contribute to offsetting your carbon emissions. You can also book an Economy Neighbour-Free seat to keep up to three seats next to you empty.
And if you’re an Etihad Guest member, you can book your favourite seat for free, depending on your Tier.
If you’re flying from Russia, only Russian bank cards will be accepted at the airport. To pay for an extra legroom seat with an international card, visit Manage your booking or call us.
You can pay to reserve an Economy seat in our Forward, Middle, or Rear zones any time from the moment you book your ticket, or when you check in online.
You can select a seat for free, subject to availability, when you book a Choice Plus fare.
Exit row seats are located next to an emergency exit. To book an Exit row seat, you must meet certain safety criteria, as outlined in our terms and conditions.
Etihad Guest member? Reserve one seat as a Silver member, two seats as a Gold member and up to nine seats as a Platinum member. Not a member yet? Join now.
Choose your seat when you book from our interactive map.
Already booked? Reserve your seat through quickly and easily online.
Pick your seat
Check in online and reserve your seat.
Check in now
Get in touch with our Global Contact Centre to book your seat.
Speak to us
An Extra legroom seat provides added space to stretch out on board, and we’ll even plant a mangrove to contribute to offsetting your carbon emissions.
Reserve an Extra legroom seat any time from the moment you book your ticket, or when you check in online.
You can select an Extra legroom seat for free, subject to availability, when you book a Choice Plus fare.*
If you’re an Etihad Guest member, Platinum members can reserve an Extra legroom seat for free and save 50% for up to nine guests, while Gold members save 50% for two guests and Silver members save 30% for one seat. Not a member? Join now.
*Applicable for all travel from 7 December onwards
Already booked? Reserve your seat quickly and easily online.
Economy Neighbour-Free is a great way to travel if you’d like even more space on board. Keep one, two or three neighbouring seats passenger-free for up to triple the room and comfort.
Economy Neighbour-Free seats are available to purchase at Manage your booking from 72 to four hours before your flight.
All seats are subject to availability. In almost all cases, you will receive the seat that you’ve booked. However, there may be last-minute operational changes that mean we need to allocate you a different seat. If this happens, we will always try to choose a similar seat for you.
Seats are assigned only upon full payment of the associated seat fees and ticket fare. Seat purchases are not eligible for Etihad Guest Miles.
If you pay for a seat and are given a different seat type, you’re entitled to a full refund.
You are not entitled to a refund if you:
Conditions and safety requirements
If you wish to purchase an Exit row seat located next to an emergency exit, please make sure you meet the following safety requirements before purchasing your seat. You must:
A boarding pass for an Exit row seat will only be issued when we confirm that all safety criteria has been met, as outlined in our terms and conditions.
If you do not meet any of the required safety criteria, we may re-assign you to a different seat before or during the journey and you will not be entitled to a refund.
Extra legroom seats are only available on Etihad-operated flights and not on flights operated by our partner airlines.
The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") shall apply to an offer (“Offer”) made by you (“Guest”, “you”) to Etihad Airways (“Etihad”, “we”, “us”) for a Neighbour-Free Seat experience (“NFS”)
1. You must be at least 18 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions.
2. Neighbour-Free Seat is not eligible for group bookings (bookings with nine or more travellers) and free tickets.
3. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of “Etihad Select Upgrade”. You agree that you will not challenge or dispute a charge for reason of the name appearing on the credit card statement as Etihad Select Upgrade.
4. Should refunds be approved, they will be processed in the currency in which the NFS amount was charged. Such refunds would be limited to amount charged for the NFS and no bank related charges will be refunded, note that refund usually takes about 10 – 15 working days to reflect in your account.
5. The fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, baggage allowance, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer miles.
6. NFS Guests do not qualify for lounge access or additional baggage allowance or bonus miles
7. Neighbour-Free Seat Service is only available on Etihad operated flights.
8. Etihad reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at their own discretion. Except as provided for in the preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Etihad unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Etihad.