When the Best Price Promise is applicable
• Our Best Price Promise is offered in respect of flights operated by Etihad Airways with travel originating from UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UK, Pakistan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Cyprus, Bahrain, Greece, Russia, Switzerland, Korea, India, Canada, Italy, Kazakhstan, USA, China, Germany booked and paid for on www.etihad.com. These shall be called “Etihad Price” from here on. This promise doesn’t apply to the other codeshare flights except for those operated by our codeshare partners Air Berlin, Virgin Australia, Air Seychelles where the journey starts in Germany.
• Our Best Price Promise includes both one way and return flights.
Which prices you can compare against
• You can compare your Etihad Price with the prices on any third-party website offering exactly the same itinerary on Etihad Airways– origin and departure cities, flight numbers, dates of travel, class of travel, number of passengers and fare rules. These shall be called “the Third Party Price” from here on.
• This Third Party Price must be available to book and purchase online in the same currency as the Etihad Price and include all taxes, fees, surcharges and charges applied to the Etihad Price.
When the Best Price Promise is not applicable
• When the flight booking includes codeshare flights. The only exception is for those operated by our codeshare partners Air
Berlin, Virgin Australia, Air Seychelles where the journey starts in Germany.
• When the Third Party Price is being offered outside the public domain or is a special eligibility fare, such as (and not limited to) staff prices, closed user offers, third-party promotion prices, corporate discount prices, senior, affiliate, opaque agencies, consolidator, visit family and relatives prices, wholesale and group prices.
• When the Etihad Price or Third Party Price has been discounted by using loyalty programme miles or points, coupons or any other offers or discounts.
• When the Etihad Price or Third Party Price makes up part of a travel package in which the flights are included.
• When you have made a request for a refund or cancellation for any part of your itinerary or have subsequently made any amendments to the ticket you have purchased on www.etihad.com.
• When the Third Party Price is the result of a pricing or inventory caching error made by the third party website.
• When the country where travel originates from for the Etihad Price ticket is not offering our Best Price Promise.
Claiming a Best Price Promise refund
• Claims can only be made by completing the online claim form and submitting your supporting documentation (as detailed below).
• Supporting documentation consists of the website address where the Third Party Price was found, a screen shot or print out of the final confirmation page prior to payment showing the Third Party Price inclusive of all taxes, fees and surcharges. Etihad will then independently determine the legitimacy of the claim before granting any refund.
• All fully completed claim forms must be submitted by midnight of the same day that the Etihad Price was bought based on the time zone of the departure country. Incomplete or late claims will not be accepted.
Verifying your Best Price Promise claim
• We must be able to verify that the Third Party Price you have found is lower by at least the amount specified in our Best Price Promise for country where travel originates.
• We will verify that the Third Party Price meets all the criteria set out in these terms and conditions and you will be notified of your claim’s qualification or not via email within 5 working days of your claim form submission.
• Etihad’s decision on the legitimacy of your claim will be final and binding. We will not engage in any correspondence thereafter.
• Upon notification of your qualification for a refund, we will aim to refund you the monetary difference between the Third Party Price and the Etihad Price within 30 calendar days.
• Your refund will be credited to the credit card that you used for the Etihad booking.
• If you cancel (partial or whole) a flight booking on which we have already made a Best Price Promise refund, we will refund you the original amount you paid for the ticket, minus the Best Price Promise refund and the original applicable cancellation fees.
• This refund will be governed by any terms and conditions applicable in the country where travel originates for your Etihad Price ticket.
Etihad Airways Rights
• Etihad Airways is the final authority onthe interpretation of these terms and conditions.
• Were serve the right to cancel this promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
How do I make a claim?
• You can make a claim for a price difference refund by filling the online form available on www.etihad.com on the same day of purchase no later than midnight of the country of departure. Such online claims can be submitted only from the countries where we offer the Best Price Promise.
• You will need to provide the third-party web address where you found the lower price and a screen shot or print out of the final confirmation page of a booking prior to payment showing the total price inclusive of all taxes, fees and surcharges.