Whether you’d prefer a window seat or extra legroom in Economy Space, you’ll always find the perfect spot on board. You can even choose to keep up to three seats all to yourself with Economy Neighbour-Free. And if you’re an Etihad Guest member, you can book your favourite seat for free, depending on your Tier.
Read our health and wellness guide to find out more about what we’re doing to keep you protected at every step of your journey.
If you’d like a bit more room on board, Economy Space offers just that, with generous legroom and more space to relax. You’ll only find Economy Space on Etihad-operated flights, and not on flights operated by our partner airlines.
You can pay to reserve your seat in Economy Space from the moment you book your ticket until you check-in.
Reserve your seat at Manage my booking, when you check in online, at the airport or even on board.
If you’re an Etihad Guest Platinum member, you can reserve a seat in Economy Space for free, or save 50% as an Etihad Guest Gold member. Join now or find out more.
Book an extra legroom seat in Economy Space and get a free Wi-Fi voucher to use on board. Speak to an agent at check-in to book.
Available at Amsterdam, Barcelona, Milan, Manchester, Munich, Paris, Rome and Zurich airports.
Save 30% on extra legroom seats in Economy Space. Speak to an agent at check-in to book.
Available at the following airports:
Abu Dhabi, Ahmedabad, Bahrain, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Cairo, Casablanca, Chennai, Chicago, Colombo, Dhaka, Doha, Dublin, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Jakarta, Karachi, Kochi,, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Kuwait, Lahore, London, Madrid, Male, Manila, Melbourne, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, New Delhi, New York, Rabat, Seoul, Seychelles, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Trivandrum, Washington
Choose your seat when you book from our interactive map.
Already booked? Reserve your seat through quickly and easily online.
Pick your seat
Check in online and reserve your seat for free.
Check in now
Get in touch with our Global Contact Centre to book your seat.
Speak to us
Subject to the fare you’ve booked, you can pay to guarantee an Economy Standard seat any time from the moment you book your ticket. As soon as online check-in opens, you can reserve your seat for free up to one hour before you fly.
Etihad Guest member? Save 30% on select Economy Standard seats as a Silver member or book for free if you’re a Gold or Platinum member. Reserve your seat at Manage my booking, when you check in online, at the airport. Join now or find out more.
Already booked? Reserve your seat quickly and easily online.
With your health and wellness our top priority, Economy Neighbour-Free is a great way to travel if you’d like even more space on board. Keep one, two or three neighbouring seats passenger-free for up to triple the room and comfort.
Economy Neighbour-Free seats are available to purchase at Manage my booking from 72 to four hours before your flight.
The closer you get to your flight, there will be fewer seats available for you to select from. All seats are subject to availability. In almost all cases, you will receive the seat that you’ve booked. However, there may be last-minute operational changes that mean we need to allocate you a different seat. If this happens, we will always try to choose a similar seat for you.
If you paid for an Economy Standard seat – window, middle or aisle – but were given a different position of seat, you are entitled to a full refund. If you booked one position of seat (for example, window, middle or aisle) and you were given a different position of seat, you are also entitled to a full refund.
You are not entitled to a refund if:
Economy Space is subject to availability, terms and conditions. The closer you get to your flight, there will be fewer seats available for you to select from. All seats are subject to availability. In almost all cases, you will receive the seat that you’ve booked. However, there may be last-minute operational changes that mean we need to allocate you a different seat. If this happens, we will always try to choose a similar seat for you.
If you wish to purchase a seat located next to an emergency exit in Economy Space, you must meet a minimum set of safety requirements. Please make sure that you meet all of these requirements before buying your seat.
If you meet all of the safety conditions, we strongly recommend that you book early as seats are available on a first-come, first served basis.
The price of the seat is per person, per flight sector. In the event of an aircraft type change, Etihad will exert its reasonable efforts to re-accommodate guests in similar seats. In the case where seats in Economy Space are not available, Etihad will refund the amount paid per person, per sector which cannot be accommodated.
Seats in Economy Space are assigned only upon full payment of the associated seat fees and ticket fare. Payment for the Economy Space seats will not earn any additional Etihad Guest Miles points.
Economy Space is only available on Etihad-operated flights and not on flights operated by our partner airlines.
Refunds and transfers
If you paid for the following seats but you weren’t given them on board, you are entitled to a full refund:
Guests in an exit row seat in Economy Space must meet the following requirements:
The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") shall apply to an offer (“Offer”) made by you (“Guest”, “you”) to Etihad Airways (“Etihad”, “we”, “us”) for a Neighbour-Free Seat experience (“NFS”)
1. You must be at least 18 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions.
2. Neighbour-Free Seat is not eligible for group bookings (bookings with nine or more travellers) and free tickets.
3. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of “Etihad Select Upgrade”. You agree that you will not challenge or dispute a charge for reason of the name appearing on the credit card statement as Etihad Select Upgrade.
4. Should refunds be approved, they will be processed in the currency in which the NFS amount was charged. Such refunds would be limited to amount charged for the NFS and no bank related charges will be refunded, note that refund usually takes about 10 – 15 working days to reflect in your account.
5. The fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, baggage allowance, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer miles.
6. NFS Guests do not qualify for lounge access or additional baggage allowance or bonus miles
7. Neighbour-Free Free Seat Service is only available on Etihad operated flights.
8. Etihad reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at their own discretion. Except as provided for in the preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Etihad unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Etihad.