1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") shall apply to an offer (“Offer”) made by you (“Guest”, “you”) to Etihad Airways (“Etihad”, “we”, “us”) for a Neighbour-Free Free Seat experience (“NFS”)
2. You must be at least 21 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Guests may submit either Upgrade or NFS Offers; or both per flight which corresponds to the purchased ticket issued on Etihad Airways document number 607, and offers must always be made and paid by using a credit card. Minimum/Maximum upgrade offer values apply.
4. An Offer, when submitted by you in association with a booking made with Etihad, whether made directly with Etihad or indirectly through other means, and presented to Etihad, shall entitle the person or persons named on the Offer, subject to these Terms and Conditions, to be considered for an Upgrade or NFS experience.
5. Etihad reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not to accept your Offer, and it makes no representation that any Guest will receives NFS regardless of whether or not seats are available in the class of service for which an Offer is being made.
6. You may revise or cancel your Offer through the hyperlink on the offer email 35hours before your departure for NFS, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Etihad and provided your credit card has not been charged. However, if your Offer is accepted before you cancel or amend your Offer, you are legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in your original Offer.
7. Neighbour-Free Free Seat is not eligible for the following bookings: Tickets booked using promotional fares and Guest Seat rewards, redemption tickets, free tickets; tickets already upgraded using miles, and multi-flyer tickets.
8. An Offer that complies with these Terms and Conditions will be valid (“Valid Offer”) from the time of its submission to Etihad, with the validity of the offer expiring at the scheduled departure date and time, or, in the event that the flight has been delayed, the time at which the airplane doors have been closed for departure. However, should you cancel your Offer prior to processing; the offer shall no longer be a Valid Offer.
9. In the event Etihad re-accommodates you on to another flight for whatever reason other than your default, any Offer you made in relation to the original booking may be transferred to the new flight(s), subject to availability of seats for NFS.
10. Etihad may accept your Offer any time during the period it remains a Valid Offer. In the event Etihad accepts your Offer; your credit card shall be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance.
11. The total amount that you must pay to us will be disclosed to you prior to you submitting your Offer.
12. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of “Etihad Select Upgrade”. You agree that you cannot challenge or dispute a charge for reason of the name appearing on the credit card statement is Etihad Select Upgrade. This applies for ESU & NFS.
13. There will be no refunds, credits, or exchanges once your Offer has been accepted by Etihad and your credit card has been charged, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which your Offer was accepted was cancelled, and Etihad re-accommodated you on another flight without offering you NFS, in which case the amount paid for the NFS will be refunded to the payment card that was used to bid and Etihad shall have not further liability to you.
- Your Offer was accepted and you were given a NFS, but you were not able to be seated in the assigned seats for reasons attributable to Etihad, including, but not limited to, an overbooked flight, a change in equipment, a delay in the connecting flight that resulted in your missing the connection on which you were assigned a NFS, but excluding reasons attributable to your actions, including, but not limited to, you on your own volition opting to change flights, you missing a flight.
- You are entitled to refunds, credits, or exchanges under applicable Fare Rules and/or our Conditions of Carriage.
14. Should refunds be approved, they will be processed in the currency in which the NFS amount was charged. Such refunds would be limited to amount charged for the NFS and no bank related charges will be refunded, note that refund usually takes about 10 – 15 working days to reflect in your account.
15. The fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect and will be applicable even if your Offer has been accepted, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, baggage allowance, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer miles.
16. Etihad does not guarantee specific seat assignments to Guests who’s Offers are accepted.
17. Etihad chauffeur services will not be available for NFS.
18. NFS Guests do not qualify for lounge access or additional baggage allowance or bonus miles
19. Neighbour-Free Free Seat Service is only available on Etihad Operated flights.
20. In the event your Offer was accepted and your credit card was charged the Offer amount but the NFS was not provided, you may apply for a refund. Your request must include the original boarding pass for the flight in question. If you are not able to provide the original boarding pass for the flight in dispute, Etihad is under no obligation to refund you for the amount you paid for the NFS.
21. Etihad reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at their own discretion. Except as provided for in the preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Etihad unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Etihad.