The Extra Legroom Seats
legroom seats are subject to availability, terms & conditions, and other
eligibility requirements. Please make sure you meet all the criteria before buying your seat.
If you meet all the safety conditions, we strongly recommend you to book early as seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The price of the seat is per person, per flight sector. In the event of aircraft type change, Etihad will exert its reasonable efforts to re-accommodate guests in like seats. In the case where extra legroom seats are not available, Etihad will refund the amount paid per person, per sector which cannot be accommodated.
The extra legroom seats are assigned only upon full payment of the extra legroom seat fees and ticket fare. Payment for the extra legroom seats will not earn any additional Etihad Guest Miles points.
Flying with partner airlines
Extra legroom seats are offered only o
n Etihad-operated flights and not on flights operated by our partner airlines
Refund and transfer
If you booked the following seats, and you weren’t given them on board, you are entitled to a full refund:
- Extra Legroom Seat
- Preferred Seat
- Standard Seat
- If you booked one position of seat (for example, window, middle or aisle) and you were given a different position of seat.
You are not entitled to a refund in the following cases:
- If you are allocated the same type of seat, but on a different row (for example, if you booked a Preferred Seat by the window on one row e.g. 12A, and you are allocated a Preferred Seat by the window on another row e.g. 14A)
- If you upgraded to a higher cabin (for example, if you previously paid for your choice of seat then you either chose to upgrade yourself or accepted an upgrade)
- If you chose one type of seat and you then upgrade to a Neighbour-Free Seat, your original fee will not be refunded
- If you made changes to your flight itinerary, following purchase of your seat or if your itinerary was changed by another airline
To be seated in an exit row seat with extra legroom, guests must meet the following requirements:
- Should be 18 years or older.
- Physically able to reach, locate and operate the emergency exit window or door, and to quickly pass through the exit.
- Able to understand and acknowledge instructions given by our cabin crew in English about the tasks expected to be performed in an emergency evacuation and able to read the safety card provided for that purpose.
- Able and willing to assist the crew and other guests in the evacuation of the aircraft.
- Able to check outside conditions and respond to cabin crew requests before opening an exit.
- Not be in any stage of pregnancy.
- Not have any condition which may prevent performing the duties listed above, be it a consequence of age, frailty, injury, physical or psychological disability, mobility, vision or hearing impairment, sickness, injury or anything else.
- Not travelling with children or infants.
- Not travelling with a care giver or a guide dog