to your flight
We understand that sometimes plans change. Use this guide to understand how to change or cancel your flight. You may be charged a fee to modify your booking, so always review the terms and condition carefully before you make any changes.
Whether you’ve booked a Deal, Saver, Classic or Flex fare will determine the changes you are able to make to your flight, and the fees you’ll be charged to do so. Always check which fare you’ve booked before you make any changes to your flight. Read more about fare choices here.
Flying with one of our partner airlines? You’ll need to contact the airline directly to make any special requests for your flight.
Change or cancel your flight online
The quickest and easiest way to make changes to your booking is to use our Manage my booking feature. Make changes online up to two hours before your flight. Book excess baggage, request special assistance or reserve or change your seat. Bid for an upgrade or an Economy Neighbour-Free seat, update your contact information and passport details or add your Etihad Guest membership number.
You will not be charged a Global Service Fee through this service.
Things to think about before you cancel your booking:
- Check that your ticket has not been used or exchanged and is refundable (with or without cancellation fees)
- Your ticket must have been issued more than five days ago and purchased using a single credit card
- Cancellations and refunds cannot be reversed
- All refunds are subject to the fare rules of the original ticket
- Your bank may charge additional processing fees
- Refunds will be automatically processed to the same card that you used to purchase your ticket - please get in touch with us if you no longer have this card
- Refunds take between 14 to 30 working days to appear on your card or bank statement
- Ancillaries and Global Service Fees are non-refundable
Change and cancellation fees
- Depending on the route and fare that you’ve booked, a fee may apply to change or cancel your flight:
- The most restrictive fare rule will apply if you have booked multiple fares
- If you need to cancel your booking, your refund will be subject to the fare rules of your original ticket.
- Changes or cancellations within 96 hours of your flight will incur an additional 10% fee
- You will not be charged a change or refund fee in the unfortunate event of the death of a guest or an immediate family member (official documentation is required)
If you miss your flight, you will be charged a no show and change fee. Make sure to let us know as soon as you can if you are going to miss you flight. If you don’t, your return or onward flight may be cancelled.
What changes can I make online?
|Ticket type||Retrieve and view||Change flight details
||Change guest details*||Buy excess baggage||Buy extra legroom||Change flight details|
|Booking with no extra product and services|
|Booking with excess baggage||**
|Booking with extra legroom seat|
|Booking with travel insurance||No
|Reward flight - guest seat||No
|Reward flight - open seat
|Multi-city bookings with no extra producs and services||No
|The Residence booking||No
*Guest details that can be updated online:
- Add passport details and date of birth
- Update contact information
- Add Etihad Guest number
- You will not be able to change a guest’s name online. Please contact us to correct a name.
** You're unable to add a bag for the parts of your journey with an existing additional bag.
Speak to us to change or cancel your flight
Here are some of the things we can help with:
- Cancellation and refunds
- Changing multiple destination and stopover bookings
- Edit or correct your name on the ticket
- Make changes to tickets booked with our Etihad Chauffeur service, special requests and extra services
Change and cancellation fees:
- A change fee may apply, subject to the route and rules of the fare you’ve booked
- All refunds are subject to the fare rules of the original ticket
- If you have booked multiple fares, the most restricted refund fare rule will apply
- Changes or cancellations made within 96 hours of your flight will incur an additional 10% fee
- Please let us know as soon as you can if you’re going to miss a flight so that your return or onward journeys are not cancelled – a no show fee and change fee will apply
- Change and refund fees will be waived in the unfortunate event of the death of a guest or an immediate family member (official documentation is required)
Booked with a travel agent?
To change or cancel a booking, please contact the travel agent or third party website directly.
If you have a partially-used ticket, please call our contact centre to change your flight. Service fees may apply.
Change your name and special requests
Update the name on your booking
Title amendments and name corrections due to genuine typing errors (up to three characters) are accepted free of charge. All other name corrections will incur a fee of US $100 or AU $150 if you purchased your ticket in Australia. Please contact our Global Contact Centre to update the name on your reservation.
Things to think about before you make any changes:
- Name corrections are accepted any time before the first outbound flight
- Only one change is permitted
- The request must be for the same guest on the ticket
- Applicable on Etihad Airways marketed and operated flights (e.g. EY011) as well as Virgin Australia (VA) operated flights, marketed by Etihad Airways
- Please submit your request up to 24 hours before your flight departure if your itinerary involves a Virgin Australia (VA) flight
- You must submit a copy of your passport and other applicable documents
- Name corrections or changes on group bookings will incur a fee of US $100
- A service fee may apply
- If you booked with a travel agent or third party, please contact them to make any changes
Guests in the US
Booked your ticket in Italy?
Purchased your ticket in Italy from a ticket office, call centre, travel agent or etihad.com/it and missed your flight? Please contact us on +39 02 23331300 within 24 hours of the flight departure time if you intend to use the subsequent or return flight. We’ll hold your remaining flights without any additional payment or fees. Departure time must be over 12 hours after arrival of the flight not used.
If the departure time of the next flight is within 24 hours, please get in touch at least two hours before the departure time of your next flight. We will then reissue your ticket for the remaining itinerary without any additional payment or fare adjustment. If you do not contact us, all remaining flight reservations will be cancelled. If you travel without contacting us, you will be charged the difference between the original ticket purchased and the highest fare in the same class of travel, applicable to the modified itinerary when we reissue your ticket. All tickets are subject to availability. In the event that the fare rules of the original ticket are more favourable, those will be applied.
Terms and conditions
All reservations, modifications and cancellations are subject to terms and conditions, Customer Care Policy, General Conditions of Carriage and applicable taxes, fees and charges (including but not limited to fare rules of the ticket and Guest Service Fee).
These policies can be found on our terms and conditions page.