1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") shall apply to an offer (“Offer”) made by you (“Guest”, “you”) to Etihad Airways (“Etihad”, “we”, “us”) for an opportunity to upgrade from the class of service that was originally purchased for travel with Etihad to one class of service higher (“Upgrade”)
2. You must be at least 21 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Guests may submit either Upgrade or NFS Offers; or both per flight which corresponds to the purchased ticket issued on Etihad Airways document number 607, and offers must always be made and paid by using a credit card. Minimum/Maximum upgrade offer values apply.
4. An Offer, when submitted by you in association with a booking made with Etihad, whether made directly with Etihad or indirectly through other means, and presented to Etihad, shall entitle the person or persons named on the Offer, subject to these Terms and Conditions, to be considered for an Upgrade or NFS experience.
5. Etihad reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not to accept your Offer, and it makes no representation that any Guest will be upgraded regardless of whether or not seats are available in the class of service for which an Offer is being made.
6. You may revise or cancel your Offer through the hyperlink on the offer email before 28 hours of your departure for Upgrade, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Etihad and provided your credit card has not been charged. However, if your Offer is accepted before you cancel or amend your Offer, you are legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in your original Offer.
7. Etihad Select Upgrade is not eligible for the following bookings: Tickets booked using promotional fares and Guest Seat rewards, redemption tickets, free tickets; tickets already upgraded using miles, and multi-flyer tickets.
8. An Offer that complies with these Terms and Conditions will be valid (“Valid Offer”) from the time of its submission to Etihad, with the validity of the offer expiring at the scheduled departure date and time, or, in the event that the flight has been delayed, the time at which the airplane doors have been closed for departure. However, should you cancel your Offer prior to processing; the offer shall no longer be a Valid Offer.
9. In the event Etihad re-accommodates you on to another flight for whatever reason other than your default, any Offer you made in relation to the original booking may be transferred to the new flight(s), subject to availability of seats for both Upgrade.
10. Etihad may accept your Offer any time during the period it remains a Valid Offer. In the event Etihad accepts your Offer; your credit card shall be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance, and Etihad will revalidate your existing ticket reflecting an Upgrade for each Guest included in your original flight booking. You will receive an updated travel itinerary highlighting the new cabin of service. The total amount charged will include all applicable pre-payable taxes and fees (if any) for the Upgrade. The total amount that you must pay to us will be disclosed to you prior to you submitting your Offer. An Upgrade that has been issued by Etihad can be changed or transferred only in accordance with applicable Fare Rules and our Condition of Carriage.
11. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of “Etihad Select Upgrade”. You agree that you cannot challenge or dispute a charge for reason of the name appearing on the credit card statement is Etihad Select Upgrade. This applies for both ESU and NFS.
12. There will be no refunds, credits, or exchanges once your Offer has been accepted by Etihad and your credit card has been charged, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which your Offer was accepted was cancelled, and Etihad re-accommodated you on another flight but in the class of service of your original booking, in which case the amount paid for the Upgrade or NFS will be refunded to the payment card that was used to bid and Etihad shall have not further liability to you.
- In the even the aircraft was downgraded from a wide body to a narrow body for any operational reasons, then the amount paid for the upgrade to Business class will be refunded
- Your Offer was accepted and you were given an Upgrade, but you were not able to be seated in the upgraded class of service for reasons attributable to Etihad, including, but not limited to, a change in equipment, a delay in the connecting flight that resulted in your missing the connection on which you were upgraded, but excluding reasons attributable to your actions, including, but not limited to, you on your own volition opting to change flights, you missing a flight.
- You are entitled to refunds, credits, or exchanges under applicable Fare Rules and/or our Conditions of Carriage.
13. Should refunds be approved, they will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade amount was charged. Such refunds would be limited to amount charged for the Upgrade and no bank related charges will be refunded, note that refund usually takes about 10 – 15 working days to reflect in your account.
14. The fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect and will be applicable even if your Offer has been accepted and you have been upgraded, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, baggage allowance, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer miles.
15. If you change your ticket, Etihad Airways has no obligation to seat you in the upgraded class of service, unless you pay for the Upgrade as per the airlines’ standard change policies and the policies and conditions associated with the fare class of original ticket.
16. Etihad does not guarantee specific seat assignments to Guests who’s Offers are accepted.
17. Etihad does not guarantee that you will be offered a meal or other amenities generally associated with the class of service to which you have been upgraded.
18. Etihad chauffeur services will not be available for upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class.
19. Lounge access applies only on the upgraded segment. For example if a guest was upgraded on Sydney-Abu Dhabi, the guest is eligible to use the lounge in Sydney airport, not in Abu Dhabi.
20. The following Etihad Airways flights are eligible for Etihad Select Upgrade which are operated by our Partner airlines:
Etihad Airways codeshare flights*
EY 5995 | EY5994
Air Serbia (JU)
EY 4111 | EY 4118
Air Seychelles (HM)
*Business Class product and services will be operated by our
21. Bonus miles will be credited only for Etihad Guest members, Members of other airline loyalty programs are not entitled to bonus miles.
22. In the event your Offer was accepted and your credit card was charged the Offer amount but the Upgrade was not provided, you may apply for a refund. Your request must include the original boarding pass for the flight in question. If you are not able to provide the original boarding pass for the flight in dispute, Etihad is under no obligation to refund you for the amount you paid for the Upgrade.
23. Etihad reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at their own discretion. Except as provided for in the preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Etihad unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Etihad.
The failure of Etihad to exercise any of its rights shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.