Stopping in Abu Dhabi for 10 – 24 hours? Make the most of long connections with Transit connect.
Why stay in the airport when you could squeeze in a short Arabian adventure? Grab the chance to experience Abu Dhabi, explore the city, and enjoy a complimentary stay in a hotel just minutes from the airport.
Choose your complimentary hotel from the options below, all conveniently located near Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Book a flight in Economy, Business or First Class, connecting through Abu Dhabi with a transit time of 10 – 24 hours. To qualify for a free hotel stay, your one-way flight must cost above $500 US dollars, and your return flights must cost above $750 US dollars. (Including fares and taxes.)
When you fly with Etihad Airways, your boarding pass doubles up as the Extraordinary Abu Dhabi Pass; your ticket to exclusive deals and discounts on days out and dining in Abu Dhabi.
Explore Yas Island and Louvre Abu Dhabi with the free A19 bus service from Abu Dhabi International Airport. If you'd like to explore the city, you can also use the Abu Dhabi public transport service for free. You'll find bus stops outside the departures area.
Check visa types and apply for UAE visa quickly and easily online
Transit connect is available if you meet the below requirements:
No, Transit connect allows you to get a complimentary hotel stay, but meals or transport are not included.
Yes. You can book Transit connect for either or both legs of your trip, but remember to book at least five days before you arrive in Abu Dhabi.
Yes. But it's important to arrange your visa in advance. Visit www.etihad.com/fly-etihad/visas
Our hotel options have early check-in available. Once you check in, you'll have a full 24 hours before you need to check out. So, you can make the most of your time in Abu Dhabi!
We need your credit card details to secure your hotel reservation. Your card will only be charged to cover any personal expenses during your stay or if you don't check in.
If you made an individua booking, email email@example.com at least three working days before your trip. If you made a group booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least ten working days before your trip.
If your flight details have changed, please get in touch as soon as possible to rebook.
Yes. To qualify for a free hotel stay, your one-way flight must cost above $500 US dollars, and your return flights must cost above $750 US dollars. (Including fares and taxes.)
Please review these terms and conditions carefully before booking the Transit connect offer.
1. You must make sure you meet all entry requirements for Abu Dhabi before booking accommodation
2. You must meet all vaccination and testing requirements for Abu Dhabi. This will depend on origin, destination and transit time. Read more at etihad.com/destinationguide.
3. Minimum transit time of 10 – 24 hours in Abu Dhabi applies.
4. Offer consists of a complimentary one-night stay (room rate only) at selected hotels subject to these terms and conditions.
5. Available for guests flying in Economy, Business and First via Abu Dhabi on select Etihad Airways routes. Excludes GCC, Middle East and select destinations in Africa*.
Tel Aviv (TLV)
*Travel between two cities under the excluded cities list is not permitted
6. Valid for bookings made in any fare choice within any class on Etihad Airways issued tickets starting with 607 and JetBlue tickets starting with 279, provided that the ticket must meet the minimum fare (in USD) as follow:
Transiting Abu Dhabi
USD 500 per person
USD 750 per person
Fare mentioned above is the fare value shown under ‘Fare’ on your e-ticket plus the Airline Fuel Fee (YQ) and taxes which can be found within ‘Taxes and Fees’. Excludes award upgrades or cash plus miles promotions and redeemed miles ticket.
7. Valid for passengers travelling on one-way or return tickets. The lead passenger on the hotel booking must be at least 18 years old.
8. Hotel bookings must be made via etihad.com – make sure you have a confirmed flight booking first. You can also book your Transit connect with a travel agent.
9. Reservations made directly with the hotel will not be valid for this offer and cannot be amended by Etihad Airways without exception.
10. Transit connect cannot be split across separate legs of the journey to avail multiple free accommodation offers.
11. Valid for tickets booked for travel from 17 March 2022 to 31 December 2023.
12. Changed or amended tickets will still be eligible for Transit connect as long as they include a minimum transit period in Abu Dhabi of between 10 – 24 hours.
13. Offer is valid for travel and hotel accommodation from 17 March 2022 to 31 December 2023, excluding blackout dates during major events and conferences. These blackout dates include but are not limited to World Future Energy Summit (WFES), Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC), Formula 1TM (F1TM), Islamic Public Holidays (Eid Al Fitr and Eid Al Adha), Christmas & New Year Festive Period. Please check availability online at the time of booking.
** Event dates are subject to change
14. Credit card details are required at the time of booking in order to guarantee the hotel reservation. The card will only be charged by the hotel if you do not arrive at the hotel and for other personal expenses incurred by the guests at the hotel during their stay. For conditions on use of debit and credit cards refer to this link and these are implied incorporated herein.
15. For flights that do not fall within the above specified periods, any other available hotel rates at the time of booking will be offered.
16. All hotel accommodation (including this Transit connect offer) is subject to availability at the time of booking. We reserve the right to offer an alternative hotel of a similar standard. No liability will be accepted by Etihad where flight bookings have been made and/or flight tickets are issued and if no hotel availability exists.
17. This is an interim complimentary product offering by Etihad Airways and can be withdrawn at any time at the sole discretion of the airline. Etihad reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to change the Transit connect offering and its terms and conditions at any time without notice.
18. Transit connect bookings are not eligible for upgrade to a higher class of hotel room or suite.
19. Hotel rates are inclusive of a 10% service charge, 6% tourism fee, 4% municipality fee and 5% VAT known at the time of producing this tariff. Etihad Airways reserves the right to adjust the quoted rates on the website without prior notice to reflect any increase or changes in the amount of hotel tariffs, government or municipality fees and/or taxes as applicable in the UAE.
20. For hotel bookings in Abu Dhabi, an additional fee of AED 15 per room per night applies. Guests must settle all additional fees directly with the hotel.
21. For individual passenger bookings: all Transit connect hotel accommodations must be pre-booked 120 hours (five days) prior to their arrival date at the hotel.
22. For group bookings: all Transit connect accommodations must be pre-booked 12 days prior to the arrival date at the hotel. You must submit your request to email@example.com alongside with the group PNR, room requirements per guest and transit date. All group accommodation is subject to hotel availability at the time of request.
23. Hotel reservations can be made for up to two adults and two children (under 12 years old) per room, subject to the hotel’s policy on maximum room occupancy.
24. All extra charges and costs incurred by the guests during the stay (including breakfast, meals, laundry, room service and telephone) are to be borne by the guest. These must be paid directly to the hotel. A credit card will be required upon check-in.
25. To cancel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for individual bookings three (3) working days before you are scheduled to arrive the hotel and email@example.com twelve (12) working days for group bookings. Cancellation charges will apply otherwise. Specific and more restrictive cancellation charges will apply during peak periods, for instance public holidays, exhibitions, conferences, special events, Formula 1, Eid Holidays, Christmas and New Year. The cancellation charges for the respective hotel will be informed at the time of booking. Exceptions might apply at the discretion of the hotel.
26. Etihad Airways reserve the right to cancel any Transit connect booking that does not meet these terms and conditions.
27. Separate terms and conditions apply to flight tickets and hotels booked in separate transactions.
29. As part of booking the Transit connect offer you may be directed to third party websites and booking engine, and while we use all reasonable endeavours to make website and associated services available, we cannot guarantee that these third-party websites will operate continuously or without interruption.
30. The Etihad website may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Etihad does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement or assumption of liability by us. You assume sole responsibility and liability for use of third-party links, pointers, software and booking engine. Your access to and use of software and other materials on, or through, the third-party website is solely at your own risk. Etihad makes no warranty whatsoever about the reliability, stability or virus-free nature of such software.
31. By accessing and using the Transit connect booking and Etihad website, you agree to accept, without modification, limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions contained herein and incorporated (the "Agreement"). You represent and warrant you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the website in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
32. Travel on Etihad Airways is subject to standard fare rules and Etihad’s Conditions of Carriage available at [https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/legal/terms-and-conditions], and are implied incorporated herein.
33. These terms and conditions and the relationship between the guests and Etihad are governed by laws of United Arab Emirates as applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Your use of the Transit connect offering and these terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
34. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdictions of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Courts and laws of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
35. If you have any queries about these Transit connect terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Visas are not provided within this promotion. You can purchase a UAE Visa by visiting www.etihad.com/en-ae/before-you-fly/visas/
· Offer is not valid for unaccompanied minors or children travelling without an adult passenger over 21 years of age.
· Offer is not available for guests whose final destination is the United Arab Emirates.
· Offer is not valid for guests starting their journey from the United Arab Emirates.
· Does not include hotel stay in Dubai or any other emirate in the United Arab Emirates.
· Offer is not valid on staff tickets or travel industry-discounted tickets.
· Does not include airport transfers.
· Not valid in conjunction with any other promotional offer.