1. What is Travel Bank?
Travel Bank is an account that allows Etihad Airways guests to hold multiple credits in one account to use towards future bookings. Travel Bank accounts are linked to your Etihad Guest membership account.
The account may be created by Etihad Airways for various reasons, one of which is compensation. Etihad Airways will contact you prior to creating a Travel Bank account. The Travel Bank account will contain service credits added by Etihad Airways which can be used to redeem future flights with Etihad Airways. Once the account is activated you will receive a “Welcome Email”.
2. When is a Travel Bank account created?
A Travel Bank account is created by Etihad Airways for you to manage your credits in one place; these credits may be for various reasons, one of those reasons being compensation.
A Travel Bank Account requires an Etihad Guest profile number be linked with. You will need to provide your Etihad Guest number at the time of redeeming your Travel Bank credits.
3. How can I know if an account has been created for me?
Etihad Airways will contact you before creating a Travel Bank account. Once the account is created, you will receive a “Welcome Email” which will be sent to the email address that you have provided.
The welcome email will contain your Travel Bank account number and your Travel Bank ID number. Your Travel Bank ID number is your Etihad Guest frequent-flyer number. This number should be with you at the time you redeem your Travel Bank credits.
4. What can I use my Travel Bank credits for?
You can use your Travel Bank credits to pay for:
• Tickets including applicable taxes & fees
• Ancillaries (e.g. Extra Legroom Seat …etc.)
Travel Bank credits cannot be used for:
• Infant tickets• Miles redemption bookings
• Etihad Holiday packages• Travel agency bookings
5. How do I redeem my Travel Bank credits?
To book a flight or an ancillary using your Travel Bank credit, simply call:
• Our Global Contact Centre on 02 599 0000 from within the UAE or 00971 2 599 0000 from outside the UAE and inform the agent that you would like to use Travel Bank as payment.
• In addition, you may also contact your nearest Etihad Airways office and advise them you would like to use Travel Bank as payment. Contact details are available here.
You will need to provide your Etihad Guest number at the time of redeeming your Travel Bank credits. Credits cannot be used through a travel agency.
6. What currency is used in Travel Bank?
Travel Bank accounts are created in the currency of the country you have listed in your Etihad Guest profile. The currency of the account cannot be changed after it is initially created, however credits can be used towards bookings in any currency.
7. Can I view my Travel Bank credits online?
Travel Bank credits cannot be viewed or used online, however you will receive the below emails:
• Welcome Email: Once a Travel Bank account has been created
• Service Credit Issuance Email: Once service credits have been added to your account
• Purchase Confirmation Email: Once service credits are redeemed
You may send an email to the travel bank helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further details on your travel bank account.
• For any information related to your Travel Bank account, our helpdesk email@example.com is the only source of information.
• For redeeming the Travel Bank service credits, our contact centers and ticketing offices are the only point of contact. For a list of contact numbers, please click here.
8. How do I know how much credit I have in my Travel Bank account?
You would need to send an email to the travel bank helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Can I combine my Travel Bank credits with another form of payment?
Yes, except with Etihad Guest miles. A maximum of two forms of payments can be used to issue any document. For example using Travel Bank credits as your first form of payment and an authorised credit card as your second form of payment. However, Etihad Guest Miles cannot be combined with Travel Bank credits.
10. Can I combine my travel bank credits with my Etihad Guest miles?
Etihad Guest Miles cannot be combined with Travel Bank credits. If you have 25,000 Guest Miles and 600 Travel Bank credits, then you cannot use both at the same time for the same purchase. Each has to be redeemed separately.
11. How long are my Travel Bank credits valid for?
Travel Bank credits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. All credits expire at 11:59 p.m. EST on the expiration date. Once individual credits expire they cannot be extended.
Travel Bank applies the “first to expire” logic on the credits that are used as a form of payment. For example, if you have 300 credits that will expire on 20 April 2018 and 200 credits that will expire on 11 June 2018, then the credits that will be used for the payment are the ones that will expire in April.
Travel does not have to be completed by the Travel Bank credit expiration date.
12. My Travel Bank credit is about to expire. Am I able to extend it?
Travel Bank credits cannot be extended. You are able to make a booking in order to use the credit before their expiration.
13. How do refunds to Travel Bank work?
Refunds of tickets purchased with Travel Bank credits will be returned to the same Travel Bank account. The Travel Bank credit expiry will revert to the original Travel Bank expiry (that is 365 days from the original date of Travel Bank credit issue). For example, if the credit was issued on 15 Aug 2017 and the expiry date was 365 days, and the ticket was issued on 12 Feb 2018 and cancelled on 16 Feb 2018, the credit will revert to the expiry date of 14 Aug 2018. If the expiry date has passed, the credit will be cancelled and will not appear in your account again.
The amount of credits refunded depends on the fare rules of the ticket or product that is being refunded. For example, if you paid 500 Travel Bank credits for a ticket using your Travel Bank Credits and the refund cancellation fees is 50, then 450 Travel Bank credits will be added back to your account.
14. Can I transfer my Travel Bank credits to another person?
Travel Bank credits cannot be transferred to another guest’s account.
15. Can I use my Travel Bank credits to pay for travel for another person?
Yes, you can use your Travel Bank credits to issue ticket for another person.
16. I forgot I had a credit and booked a new reservation. Can you apply my credit and give me a refund?
At this time you cannot retroactively apply a credit to a reservation that has already been paid.