Why we need your personal information
When you use services provided on this site, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details, and/or debit/credit card details. We will store this information and use this information in the following ways:
• To fulfil our agreement with you, including processing your flight, sending you your itinerary, or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation;
• To register you with the Etihad Websites and administer our website services, such as our newsletter, where you have registered to receive these;
• To administer any contest or other promotional offer you may enter and notify winners;
• To administer our frequent flyer policy when it is implemented;
• For crime prevention and detection;
• Answer any queries which you may send us by e-mail; and
• For any other purpose regarding which we give information to you in the Etihad Websites.
We need to know the names of all passengers travelling. If you are booking a flight on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We assume that you have obtained this consent.
How we will use your personal information
Information that you provide or that is obtained by Etihad will be used by Etihad to enable us to review, develop and improve the services that we offer, and provide you and other customers (via newsletter, mail, e-mail telephone or otherwise) with information about new products and services and special offers we think you will find valuable. We may also inform you about new products and services and special offers of selected third parties.
We may also use your information for market research and statistical purposes in order to carry out appropriate research and analysis to monitor and improve use of our services. We may contact you (by post, e-mail, telephone or otherwise) to request your feedback and comments on our services.
How we share information with others
We may give information about you as follows:
• To other Etihad brands;
• To trustworthy third parties that we use for the provision of certain services, such as enabling Etihad customers to book special customer needs, chauffeurs, limousines or other services quickly and easily;
• To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
• To customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities in your country of departure and/or destination in order to comply with the law in those countries;
• If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so;
• To employees, sub-contractors and agents of Etihad to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
How we protect your information
• When you book a flight on our website, we offer the use of secure server software (SSL) that encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. This ensures that the information is reasonably protected against unauthorised interception.
• We also follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to that information.
• We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information as outlined above. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
• Our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
You will have access to your personal information
You have the right to see personal information we keep about you upon payment of a fee. Please write to Etihad Airways, PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us so that we can amend our records.
Transfer of your personal information
Our policy on "cookies"
There is a technology called "cookies" which is used by us to provide you with customised information from Etihad Websites. A cookie is an element of data that a website sends to your browser, which then stores it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make Etihad Websites more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use, so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website. Use of Etihad Websites will imply your consent to the use of such cookies.