Choose from two stopover options to explore the city we call home; stay two nights on us with our free stopover or stop by for longer with our 2 for 1 deal – relax at Abu Dhabi’s most exclusive hotels and save up to 40% on tours and experiences across the city.
Get ready for endless adventure in the capital of the UAE.
Whether you’re staying for free or booking our 2 for 1 stopover, it’s quick and easy to book. Remember – you must check hotel availability before you book your flight.
Check availability of our participating hotels – you’ll find these below.
Book a multi-city flight in Economy, Business or First, connecting through Abu Dhabi.
On mobile? Book here
When your flight is booked, pick your hotel, and we’ll do the rest for you.
Explore Abu Dhabi with a free two-night stopover. Check the availability of our participating hotels, then book a multi-city flight via Abu Dhabi. When your flight is booked, tell us which of our 3* or 4* hotels you’d like to stay at for free and we’ll do the rest for you.
Book a 2 for 1 stopover for one free night in the city’s premium 4* and 5* star hotels. You’ll also get up to 40% off exclusive tours and experiences across Abu Dhabi.
And because we’re certain you’ll want more time to explore, our 2 for 1 stopover lets you book up to six additional nights at a fraction of the normal price – with 24-hour check-in too.
Spend your extra days relaxing at Abu Dhabi’s hottest beach clubs, find adventure in the desert or just get to know the city we call home – we know you’ll love it.
Fly in The Residence and stay two nights free at the Khaleej Suite at Emirates Palace. When you've booked your flight in The Residence, simply tell us the details of your trip and we'll be in touch within 48 hours to arrange your free stay.
Call our VIP Travel Concierge on +971 (0)2 599 0380 or email email@example.com for more information.
Whether you’re looking for a short city break or longer beach retreat, Abu Dhabi is an ideal stopover destination. The capital of the UAE and crossroads to the rest of the world, Abu Dhabi is a city of enchanting culture, year-round sunshine and endless adventure. Historic landmarks and dramatic desert landscapes meet world-first entertainment, white beaches and sparkling coastline.
We’re proud to call Abu Dhabi our home, but this is your city now. What will you explore first?
Explore Yas Island and Louvre Abu Dhabi with the free A19 bus service from Abu Dhabi International Airport. If you'd like to explore the city, you can also use the Abu Dhabi public transport service for free. You'll find bus stops outside the departures area.
We'll give you 500 welcome miles and it's easy to earn more.
Booking terms and conditions
The following terms shall bear the following meanings in these Booking Conditions:-
“Child” means a person under the age of 12 years on the relevant return date of travel;
“Hala Abu Dhabi”, “we” or “us” means Hala Abu Dhabi a division of Etihad Airways PJSC a company registered in Abu Dhabi whose principal place of business is at P.O. Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates;
“Force Majeure” means any unusual circumstance beyond our control including but without limitation war or threat of war, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions, industrial dispute, closure of airport or technical difficulties;
“Holiday and Service” means the holiday or service booked by you or on your behalf with us;
“Lead Name” means the first named customer on any product booking;
“Significant Change” has the meaning set out in section 6;
“Agent” means any Preferred Sales Agent, Tour Operator or Travel Agent through whom your product with us is booked;
“UAE” means United Arab Emirates; and
“You” means any customer who is or may be considering the booking of any product and includes all members of any party who are booking together.
1. The Contract
1.1 These conditions and other information in all Hala Abu Dhabi’s brochures, price booklets, separate publicity material and our website form the contract between you and us. All products are subject to availability and these booking conditions. In the event of any conflict between these booking conditions and any of the brochures, price booklets, separate publicity material or our website, these booking conditions will prevail.
1.2 You are recommended to read these booking conditions carefully and in the event that there is anything, which you do not understand, contact Hala Abu Dhabi or your Agent (if you have booked via an agent) for clarification.
1.3 You need to be aware that these conditions contain a limitation of our liability to you and of our obligations in relation to any services and product, which you book.
1.4 These conditions do not govern your contract or affect your rights relating to any third party whose services you may separately purchased and use on your Holiday.
1.5 When you have booked and paid for your service and we have issued a confirmation or receipt to you or to your Agent, a contract exists between you and us and our terms and conditions apply to this contract.
1.6 The Lead Name guarantees that he or she has full authority to make the booking on behalf of all customers named in the booking and guarantees to pay all sums which are or may become due for all products and services booked.
1.7 The purchase and sale of the product shall take place (or shall be deemed to take place) and come into effect in the UAE, whatever the circumstances of your booking. Notwithstanding any conflict of laws principles, these booking conditions and any contract between you and us shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the federal laws of the UAE, and the Civil Courts of the UAE in Abu Dhabi shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the contract with you or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
2. How to Book
2.1 Bookings can be made through Hala Abu Dhabi or Etihad Holidays Sales and Servicing Team, Sales Offices or directly with the Hala Abu Dhabi Call Centre +9712 5990700 in the UAE, via www.halaabudhabi.com or through an Agent.
2.2 When a booking is made via an Agent, all communication with Hala Abu Dhabi must be made via the Agent. In that case, all monies paid by you to the Agent are held by the Agent as your agent until the booking is accepted and confirmed by Hala Abu Dhabi.
2.3 When bookings are directly made via Hala Abu Dhabi, correspondence will be sent to the email address provided at the time of booking.
2.4 The lead name aged in the booking must be 21 years or above.
3.1 The full price of any services booked shall be due and payable at the time of booking.
3.2 We accept cash, bank transfers, credit and debit cards. Surcharges may incur for bookings paid by credit and debit card.
3.3 Once full payment has been received for a confirmed booking, Hala Abu Dhabi will issue a Travel Itinerary/ Voucher for all services booked. These vouchers must be surrendered by you to the relevant supplier of the services, e.g. hotel or ground transportation supplier.
4.1 All our prices are quoted in AED and/ or US $, (unless otherwise specified). Before confirming the booking we will provide you or your Agent with current pricing for all products and services booked including the price of any supplements, upgrades or additional services you have requested.
4.2 The only additional charges we may pass on to you are those imposed by the UAE or other regulatory bodies and/or airlines.
4.3 We reserve the right to change the price of any of the hotels, excursions and other services shown on our website, brochures, price booklets and other separate publicity material
4.4 Unless otherwise specified your price does not include:
5. Changes or cancellation by you
5.1.1 If you wish to change your booking after the confirmation has been sent and full payment has been made, the Lead Name should contact their Agent if they booked via an Agent; or Hala Abu Dhabi if they booked directly . All changes are subject to availability and have to be advised in written form.
5.1.2 Amendments for particular travel arrangements might not be possible after confirmation; hence a cancellation charge of up to 100% might apply.
5.2.1 If you or any member of your party wishes to cancel your booking once a booking has been confirmed and an invoice or receipt has been issued, the Lead Name must notify their Agent (or Hala Abu Dhabi if the booking was made directly with Hala Abu Dhabi) in writing. The cancellation charges you will be required to pay, will be calculated on the basis of the date we received the written notification and the booked departure date. Please note we cannot refund amendment fees.
5.2.2 Cancellation charges vary according to the type of service booked. You will be advised at the time of booking of the relevant cancellation terms and conditions.
5.2.3 Specific and more restrictive cancellation charges will apply during peak periods e.g. public holidays, exhibitions, conferences, special events, Eid Holidays, Christmas and New Year which will be advised at the time of booking.
5.2.4 Hala Abu Dhabi Stopover Packages
The below cancellation policy is applicable for the Stopover program, exceptions might apply for different hotels. More restrictive cancellation charges are applicable as mentioned under point 5.2.3.
Prior to scheduled date of arrival
2 days or less and no show
5.2.5 For your own interest we strongly recommend that you arrange cover with a comprehensive holiday insurance policy to travel and cover any eventuality of cancellation.
5.2.6 For any groups of ten or more customers travelling together special terms and conditions apply, which will be advised during the booking process.
6. If we have to change or cancel your booking
6.1 We will do our utmost to deliver your product as booked. As we plan the arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes and reserve the right to do this at any time.
6.2 If we have to make a Significant Change (as defined below) in circumstances where there has been no Force Majeure, we will notify the Lead Name or your Agent as soon as practically possible and you will have one of three options:
6.3 Significant changes are limited to changes involving:
7.1 In cases where any part of your Holiday is on a request basis, the deposit or final payment will only be refunded in full if Hala Abu Dhabi is unable to confirm the booking and no cancellation charges apply to any confirmed components of the Holiday.
7.2 No refunds will be available on unused services.
7.3 Any refunded payments will be processed by the same payment method used to make the booking initially and to the same payee. The exception for this will be cash payments received by Hala Abu Dhabi for the booked services which will be refunded in the form of a cheque to the original payee on presentation of valid identification.
7.4 All refunds will be processed within 21 days of the presentation of the original travel documents and invoice to Hala Abu Dhabi.
8. Our liability to you
8.1 We accept responsibility for ensuring that the travel arrangements you book with us are supplied as described in our brochure or on our website. If any part of these travel arrangements is not provided as promised, we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected your enjoyment of your travel arrangements. We accept responsibility for the acts and / or omissions of our employees and agents. Our liability in all cases (including in cases of gross negligence) except for death or bodily injury shall be limited to a maximum of the cost of your Holiday and any reasonable directly attributable costs.
8.2 We accept no responsibility for any delays or cancellations or non-availability of any meal or service due to Force Majeure.
8.3 In rare cases errors may occur when inputting prices into our reservations system or when printing our brochure. We regret that any contract entered into on the basis of an erroneous price will be void. Accordingly, you cannot seek to rely on an erroneous price when booking a holiday. In the unlikely event of a booking being made following a systems error we will advise you as soon as possible and offer you the choice of either a cancellation with a full refund or continuing with your arrangements upon payment of the difference in price applicable.
8.4 You should note that the acceptance of any liability on our part in any circumstances is subject to the amount of any claim against Hala Abu Dhabi being reduced by any amount paid to the claimant from time to time for the same claim such as (1.3 General Notes for Hala operated Tours and Safaris) any employee, agent or supplier of Hala Abu Dhabi who is in any way responsible for the death, injury or illness you suffer and / or (1.3 General Notes for Hala operated Tours and Safaris) under any relevant insurance policy held by the claimant.
8.5 If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity which does not form part of your Hala Abu Dhabi booking arrangements, we shall at our discretion, offer advice, guidance and assistance. Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings. Our consent will be given subject to you undertaking to assign any costs and benefits received under any relevant insurance policy to ourselves. In any case, we limit the cost of our assistance to you or to any one booking form to maximum AED 10,000/-.
8.6 If we make arrangements for you with any third party to provide any services other than carriage by air, or if we issue a ticket or voucher provided by a third party such as surface transportation, hotel reservations, car rental, or any other activities, in doing so we act only as your agent. We will have no liability to you for any such services we arrange for you unless any loss or damage is caused solely by our gross negligence and in such case our liability shall be subject to clause 8.1. The terms and conditions of the third party service provider will apply. Such conditions are available from us upon request.
9. Your responsibility
9.1 You must ensure that you and all customers named on your booking have valid passports, any appropriate visas and vaccinations. We are not liable for any costs, delays or illness resulting from your failure to meet these requirements. Please check with the appropriate tourist board/embassy of the destination you are travelling to prior to departure to ensure you have fulfilled any visa/passport requirements in good time before you depart.
9.2 You are responsible for providing all information to us which we or any airline or other carrier or customs or governmental body may require. This may include information about your name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, gender, country of residence, travel history, occupation, home address, point of origin, final destination and address at destination.
9.3 You are responsible for ensuring that any existing medical conditions or disabilities, which may require assistance, are declared to us before you book your Holiday or, if newly diagnosed, before the date of departure. We can only accept your booking upon the clear understanding that we cannot be liable if any carrier refuses to accept you or any member of your booking as a passenger if this information is not made known to us. In all circumstances it remains your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to travel and to participate in all of the services and facilities which you have booked and undertaken and also that you have taken the relevant travel and medical insurances. We reserve the right to ask for further medical information from you if you notify a health matter to us and to refuse or cancel your Holiday in our absolute discretion.
9.4 You are responsible for the behavior of yourself and all customers named on your booking. We or our suppliers reserve the right to refuse your booking or to remove you and/or any member of your booking from any arrangement if you or any member of your booking is reasonably deemed to behave in a disruptive or dangerous manner. We will make no refund or payment of any costs incurred by you or any member of your booking under these circumstances, and you may face criminal prosecution.
9.5 You are reminded that the Guest Guide of our vehicles have absolute authority over the vehicle and its guests whilst boarding or in motion. The Guest Guide or other authorized representative of Hala Abu Dhabi can refuse to carry anyone if they are unruly or are otherwise unfit to travel or are a danger to the experience or other guests. If you are refused carriage in these circumstances your services will terminate immediately and will be considered as a cancellation by you in accordance with Section 5.2 in such circumstances we will have no further responsibility or liability to you or any member of the booking.
9.6 If you participate in any activity (including any sports, water sports or desert sports) whilst on Holiday such participation is at your own risk and it is your own responsibility to obtain the relevant insurance.
9.7 If you receive any medical services whilst on Holiday you acknowledge and agree that such services shall be taken at your own risk and it is your own responsibility to consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to your health and well-being.
10.1 For your own interest we strongly recommend that you arrange cover with a comprehensive holiday insurance policy to travel on any of our services.
11.1 We plan our arrangements with great care, and in the unlikely event of a complaint about any aspect of your stay, it should be reported immediately to the Hala Abu Dhabi’s local representative or to the Hala Abu Dhabi Operations Team (+9712 599 0700), who will give a priority response to resolve in-resort issues.
11.2 Should the matter not be resolved while you are in resort, any complaint must be submitted in writing within 30 days of return from your Holiday to your Travel Agent or to Hala Abu Dhabi’s, Guest Relations Department, P.O. Box 35566, Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
11.3 We regret we cannot accept claims outside this period.
Abu Dhabi stopover 2020
Terms and conditions:
1. Minimum transit time of 18 hours required in Abu Dhabi.
2. Maximum stay in Abu Dhabi is seven days for all fares.
3. Available to guests flying anywhere on the Etihad global or EAP network, transiting via Abu Dhabi.
4. Valid on partner operated flights provided that at least one of the flights connect via Abu Dhabi (inbound or outbound).
5. A minimum of two nights stay is required.
6. Additional nights can be purchased and booked consecutively at the applicable rate.
7. Rates offered are starting prices and are per person per night, based on two people sharing a twin room. The final price is subject to availability and seasonality. We reserve the right to change the rates of any of the hotels, excursions and other services.
8. Valid for travel and hotel accommodation from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020, excluding blackout dates or extra supplements on rooms during major events and conferences. These include but are not limited to World Future Energy Summit (WFES), Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC), Formula 1TM (F1TM), Islamic Public Holidays (Eid Al Fitr and Eid Al Adha), Christmas & New Year Festive Period. Please check availability online at the time of booking.
9. Valid for adults travelling on one-way or return tickets, transiting through Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi stopover can be used on both legs of the journey, via Abu Dhabi.
10. Abu Dhabi Stopover offer cannot be split across separate legs of the journey to avail multiple accommodation offers.
11. For any flights that do not fall within the specified periods, any other available rate at the time of booking will be offered.
12. Hotel accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and we reserve the right to offer an alternative hotel of a similar standard. No liability will be accepted where flight bookings have been made and/or tickets issued if no hotel availability exists.
13. This is a voluntary promotion run by Etihad Airways and can be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the airline(s).
14. The stopover conditions of the applicable fare of your ticket will apply, including additional charges for adding a stopover plus any applicable taxes. Please read the terms and conditions on your ticket carefully.
15. Abu Dhabi stopover bookings are eligible for upgrade to a higher class of room or suite.
16. The lead person on the booking must be at least 21 years old.
17. Hotel rates are inclusive of a 10% service charge, 3.5% tourism fee, 2% municipality fee and 5% VAT known at the time of producing this tariff. Etihad Airways reserves the right to adjust without prior notice the quoted rates accordingly to reflect any increase or changes in the amount of government or municipality fees and/or taxes as applicable in the UAE.
18. For hotel bookings in Abu Dhabi, an additional fee of AED 10 per room per night applies. Guests must settle all additional fees directly with the hotel.
19. All accommodation must be pre-booked prior to the arrival date at the hotel. Hotel reservations must be made a minimum of 72 hours (three days) prior to arrival for the request to be processed. This is not a guarantee of confirmation. Any reservations made directly with a hotel do not qualify for the offer and cannot be amended by Etihad/ EAP without exception.
20. Reservations made directly with a hotel do not qualify and cannot be amended by Etihad Airways without exception.
21. Hotel reservations can be made for up to two adults and one child (under 12 years old) or three adults on bed and breakfast basis, subject to the hotel’s policy on maximum room occupancy.
22. All extra charges incurred during the stay (including breakfast, meals, laundry, room service and telephone) are the responsibility of the guest. These must be paid directly to the hotel. A credit card will be required upon check-in.
23. To cancel, please contact AbuDhabiStopover@etihad.com at least three (3) working days before you are scheduled to arrive at the hotel. Cancellation charges will apply otherwise. Specific and more restrictive cancellation charges will apply during peak periods, for instance public holidays, exhibitions, conferences, special events, Formula 1, Eid Holidays, Christmas and New Year. The cancellation charges for the respective hotel will be informed at the time of booking. Exceptions might apply.
24. Tours and attractions are subject to availability at the time of booking. The tours and attractions offer must be booked in conjunction with the hotel offer and cannot be booked independently from the hotel booking.
25. For hotels that offer 24-hour check-in or check-out, guests will have access to their room for 24 hours from the time of check in.
26. Etihad Airways/ EAP reserve the right to cancel any stopover booking that does not meet these terms and conditions.
27. This offer does not constitute a package for the purpose of the EC Directive 2015/2302 on package travel and linked travel arrangements.
28. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdictions of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Courts and laws of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
29. Separate terms and conditions will apply to flight and hotels booked in separate transactions.
Valid from January 2020 until 31 December 2020