Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – As the UAE gears up to host extraordinary celebrations for the country’s Golden Jubilee and many tourists plan to visit the country, many residents are also seizing the opportunity to travel overseas during the public holidays. Etihad Airways and Abu Dhabi International Airport expect to welcome a large volume of passengers over the coming week, which will continue as the school holidays begin in mid-December.
Etihad has opened a dedicated Early Check-In facility at Abu Dhabi International Airport to make the travel experience as smooth as possible. The service is available from 25 November to 31 December, allowing passengers to check in from 8 hours up to 24 hours before their flight.
Using the service, one person can check in and drop off baggage on behalf of family members travelling together, but must present the travel and COVID-19 related documents for the entire group. The early check-in desk is open from 9am to 4am, seven days a week, and is located at Skypark Plaza level three. Guests using this facility will receive two hours of free parking at Skypark whilst checking in.
Alternatively, guests can also check in from the comfort of home using Etihad’s Home Check-In service. Check in bags, pick a seat and collect the boarding pass and bag tags before leaving the house. When it’s time to fly, you can skip the queues and make your way to the airport hassle-free. Fees start from just 220 AED and travellers can use promotional code EYWINTER10 to save 10% on all home check-in packages until 15 January 2022.
Etihad’s top tips for a smooth travel experience:
1. Use the Home Check-In or Early Check-in facilities, if possible. If not, please check-in online and arrive early. During peak times, Economy Class check-in for non-US flights opens four hours before departure and closes one hour before departure. Business and First class check-in closes 45 minutes before departure. For US flights check-in closes two hours before the flight. Boarding for all Etihad Airways departures closes 20 minutes before departure.
2. Verified to Fly? Visit ‘Manage my booking’ on etihad.com to share Covid-related travel documents. Approval will be shared by email giving passengers confidence that all required documents are in place. Approved passengers can use fast-track ‘Verified to Fly’ desks at the airport, or the self-service kiosks.
3. Important - check the flight timing and departure terminal. Given the significant increase in passenger numbers, Etihad Airways will relocate check-in for Economy class guests travelling on select flights. Please check the latest information on etihad.com or the Etihad app.
4. Check the destination requirements. With travel restrictions changing frequently, Etihad recommends visiting etihad.com/destinationguide to check the latest updates before the journey begins.
5. When travelling to the US, benefit from the US Customs and Border Protection facility (USCBP), meaning all immigration and customs formalities will be completed in Abu Dhabi before departing. Guests must present themselves at the USCBP facility no later than 90 minutes before departure.
6. Check the baggage allowance before leaving for the airport: the cabin baggage policy is 7kg for Economy class and 12kg for First and Business class guests. Maximum cabin baggage dimensions are: height 50cm, depth 25cm, width 40cm. Alternatively, pre-purchase additional hold baggage at special rates before departure on etihad.com or through the app.
7. Etihad Airways Business Class Lounge is available for guests wishing to enjoy Etihad’s premium hospitality before boarding. Guests travelling in Economy may purchase access at the Etihad Lounge. Entrance is complimentary for guests travelling in premium cabins.