The www.etihad.com, m.etihad.com, www.etihadholidays.com, www.etihadguest.com, www.etihadcargo.com and Etihad Mobile apps (hereinafter individually and collectively referred to as the "Etihad Websites"), are owned and operated by Etihad Airways P.J.S.C. ("Etihad") which is a Public Joint Stock Company established by Emiri Decree and is incorporated in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Please review these terms and conditions carefully before using the Etihad Websites.
Agreement between you and Etihad
By accessing and using the Etihad Websites, you agree to accept, without modification, limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions contained herein (the "Agreement"). You represent and warrant you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the Etihad Websites in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
Modification of terms
Etihad tries to ensure that the information contained in the Etihad Websites is as accurate as possible. However, inaccuracies may arise from time to time. Etihad accepts no responsibility for any errors in the information contained in the Etihad Websites.
The Etihad Websites contain, inter alia, information about the products and services Etihad or a third party is offering. This information and all other material on the Etihad Websites are provided in good faith. By using the Etihad Websites you agree and acknowledge that Etihad may update, change or amend the Terms and Conditions and Customer Care Policy and/or other information provided on the Etihad Websites at any time without advance notice.
Changed terms and conditions will become effective once posted on the Etihad Websites, and will not have any retrospective effect on existing contractual arrangements made through Etihad Websites. You should re-read these terms and conditions every time you visit the Etihad Websites to ensure that you aware of all the relevant terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the Etihad Websites after any change is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
While Etihad uses all reasonable endeavours to make the Etihad Websites and associated services available, Etihad cannot guarantee that they will operate continuously or without interruption.
Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
Etihad makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the Etihad Websites or the contents and, to the fullest extent permissible under the law, disclaims all such representations and warranties.
Your access to and use of software and other materials on, or through, the Etihad Websites is solely at your own risk. Etihad makes no warranty whatsoever about the reliability, stability or virus-free nature of such software.
Subject to applicable law, under no circumstance is Etihad responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings or revenue, or loss or corruption of data or information) which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of or inability to use the Etihad Websites whether based on breach of contract, tort, negligence, product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
This includes any information, products or services obtained through or any contract entered into via the Etihad Websites, but excludes carriage by air performed by Etihad in respect of any ticket obtained using the booking engine provided in the Etihad Websites, which is subject to the conditions of carriage and applicable international conventions.
When using the Etihad Websites you agree:
If Etihad considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using Etihad Websites, Etihad reserves the right to:
Copyright and trademarks
All content of the Etihad Websites is subject to copyright.
The Etihad Websites are for the your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Etihad Websites.
Etihad, Etihad Holidays, Etihad Cargo and any other product or trade names of Etihad referenced in the Etihad Websites are our trade marks or registered trade marks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
1. You may book a flight in the cabin class of your choice: The Residence, First, Business or Economy Class. Your booking is subject to the applicable fare conditions and the availability of seats in that fare group. You need to pay online at the time of booking with a debit or credit card, or another form of payment to confirm your booking.
2. Please note that our prices are automatically displayed based on the origin you are flying from. Your payment provider may apply different exchange rates to the fare displayed on the booking page. Therefore, there may be additional charges incurred, which Etihad Airways is not liable for. The payment options provided will differ for each origin.
3. The fares quoted include all taxes, fees and charges such as departure taxes, passenger service charges, airport taxes, imposed by the airport or government authorities of the countries you are visiting. The total fare will be shown on the booking summary panel
4. You can make an online booking for up to 9 guest’s at one time on Etihad websites, including adult and child (2 - 11 years old) guests. The number of Infants in any one booking can be up to 9, provided one adult accompanies one infant throughout the journey.
5. You cannot book an infant alone or add an infant to an already existing adult booking online. Please call the Contact Centre if you need to add an infant to an already existing booking.
6. Guests under two years old are classified as Infants; guests between 2 and 11 years old are classified as children – this applies at the time of travel and not at the time of booking.
7. As such, a child travelling on his or her second birthday is considered a child and not an infant, and would need to have the appropriate ticket according to their age classification. You can request for an Unaccompanied Minor service by purchasing an Adult fare online, after which you will need to complete the online Unaccompanied Minor form. Additional charges may be applicable.
8. Changes and refunds
To change or cancel your booking, you may do so online or by calling our Contact Centre. All reservations, including modifications and cancellations are subject to the Terms and Conditions, , General Conditions of Carriage and any applicable fees and charges (including, but not limited to fare rules of the ticket and Guest Service Fee).
- Change fees vary based on your selected Fare Choice. If you have selected multiple Fare Choices at the time of booking, the most restricted fare rules will apply.
- Refund rules vary based on your selected Fare Choice. If you have selected multiple Fare Choices at the time of booking, the most restricted fare rules will apply. To refund a ticket you have previously exchanged, the refund rules of the original ticket will apply.
You may exchange your booking(s) up to 2 hours before departure. You may request for a refund online for eligible bookings paid by credit/debit card 5 days after ticket issuance, until 2 hours before departure.
For guests in the United States, if you booked your travel at least 7 days prior to the scheduled departure date and time, you may cancel your reservation and receive a full refund if you cancel within 24 hours of the booking.
Use of debit and credit cards
1. Local Credit and Debit Cards are generally accepted, but final approval depends on the acceptance rules of the issuing bank. You may also select an alternative form of payment, where available.
2. The cardholder may be required for verification purposes, to email a copy of the statement of accounts of the payment card showing the debit details for this purchase along with the booking reference or ticket number to PV@etihad.ae, within 48 hours before departure. If the payment card cannot be verified by any of the methods mentioned above, the passenger/s travelling under this booking will not be accepted for travel you will have to book and pay in full for a new ticket. Whilst your payment card is under review, we reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time.
3. For payments using Visa or MasterCard you may be asked to complete an additional security check through the “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard Secure” page depending on your credit card Issuing Bank. If you have not registered for this authentication service, kindly contact your bank to register. For further information, please contact your credit card issuing Bank.
4. Etihad reserves the right to refuse carriage in case of non-compliance with the aforementioned debit and credit card rules.
Disclaimer: Etihad Airways does not accept liability or responsibility for any loss, damage, misuse, or unauthorized access occurring in connection with the provision of credit card data. Etihad Airways will not be responsible or liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on the information with regards to credit card usage on this website, even if Etihad Airways has been advised of the possibility of these damages.
Conditions of carriage
The carriage of passengers and their baggage by air will be subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the carrier concerned. With respect to our flights, please read our General Conditions of Carriage.
Read our Conditions of Carriage for tickets purchased in Germany.
Read our Canadian Passenger Protection Information.
The carriage of passengers and their baggage may also be subject to the applicable Warsaw Convention 1929 or the Montreal Convention 1999, and other applicable legislation which may limit or stipulate the carrier's liability in certain circumstances.
You may require a visa for travel to or transit through some destinations. It is your responsibility to obtain such visas required for travel. You must also have a valid passport for the duration of your trip and the expiry date of your passport must be acceptable to all the countries you enter. More information on the passport and visa requirements is available at the embassy of the country or countries you will be travelling to or transiting through.
Some countries require you to undergo immunisation (and provide proof) prior to entry or stopover, and/or have adequate travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ascertain and fulfil such requirements.
As a condition of use of the Etihad Websites, you agree to indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Etihad Websites, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Links to third-parties' websites and apps
The Etihad Websites may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Etihad does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us. You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Etihad Websites, or if you have any complaints about any of the services provided by Etihad please contact us.
Choice of law and jurisdiction
Your use of the Etihad Websites and the Etihad terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Etihad reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please click here to email us your queries.
Information on passenger rights in case of flight disruptions at airports within the EU
Information to passengers departing from an airport in the European Union regarding our policies and their rights in the event of denied boarding, flight delay or flight cancellation
This notice contains important information about your rights established by European Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 (‘the Regulation’) and applies to you if:
In the event that a seat is not available for a passenger with a confirmed reservation, we will seek volunteers to surrender their seats in exchange for benefits that we and the volunteer may agree upon before involuntarily denying boarding to other passengers. If there are insufficient volunteers and we deny you boarding involuntarily, you are entitled to the rights set out below.
If we reasonably expect your flight to be delayed for four hours or more beyond its scheduled time of departure (but three hours in the case of flights departing from Larnaca or Athens), you are entitled to the rights set out below.
If your flight is cancelled, you are entitled to the rights set out below except when:
If you are involuntarily denied boarding or your flight is cancelled (provided an exception as specified above does not apply), you are entitled to receive the following amount from us:
The compensation set out above will be reduced by 50% if we are able to offer you re-routing on an alternative flight(s) and the arrival time of such re-routed flight(s) does not exceed the scheduled arrival time of the flight booked:
The distances are measured by the great circle route method.
If you are denied boarding (whether voluntarily or involuntarily) or your flight is cancelled, you are additionally entitled to choose between:
(a) reimbursement of the cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made; or
(b) re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at the earliest opportunity; or
(c) re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at a later date at your convenience, subject to availability of seats.
If your flight is delayed by at least five hours and you elect not to travel, you are entitled to receive reimbursement as set out in point (a) above.
If you are involuntarily denied boarding or if your flight is cancelled or delayed by more than 4 hours, (in the case of flights departing from Larnaca or Athens, the qualifying delay is 3 hours or more) we will offer you, free of charge:
If your flight is delayed as specified under ‘Flight Delays’ above or cancelled without notice being given to you prior to your arrival at the airport of departure Etihad Airways will offer you items (a) and (b) above.
If, as a result of the delay or your being re-routed following a cancellation, your new time of departure is reasonably expected to be at least the day after the original day of departure, we will also offer you items (c) and (d) above.
Where it is not feasible for Etihad Airways to arrange the care set out above, we will reimburse you for your reasonable receipted expenses upon application to: etihad.com/feedback Guest Relations Department, Etihad Airways, P.O Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Alternatively, complete a claims form and upload it via etihad.com/feedback. This applies if you are in Spain only.
Click here for contact details of the various National Enforcement Bodies established by each Member State of the European Union.
Contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays
Etihad’s contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays describes what Etihad will implement during an extended delay in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation (DoT) regulations. This plan is available on our US website, by clicking here.
Extra legroom seats
Please click here to view our extra legroom policy.
Read Etihad Airways' conditions of carriage
Read Etihad Cargo's terms and conditions
Read Etihad Guest's terms and conditions
Read Etihad Holidays' terms and conditions